O. Stranded In Miami

Prologue
Stranded In Miami

── ⚘ ──

Dani graced down the trail, adorned in the purity of her white dress, flowers cascaded in her long, chocolate brown hair.

It was a day she dreamt about since she was a child, though it came sooner than she'd like to admit.

Her minds were still clouded by the haunting memories of her best friend's passing, but she was able to put those thoughts on pause for her big day.

It was all about her and Lando after all.

Her and Lando, she never thought she'd say those words.

Her father took her hand as they headed towards the aisle. That was funny too, this was only the third time they met in person after a series of calls, texts, emails and even not knowing who the other was. For all of her childhood, Liam Gallagher was just a frontman in a band her mother liked so much she claimed he was her father.

Dani never believed it. Her mother was deluded, she always was. Every little thing she said always spiralled into a far reach.

Only, she was right, and Dani reluctantly reached out to him.

He was nice, funny even. She got along well with her new siblings too, they actually felt like they enjoyed having her around, unlike the siblings she had in her former foster placements.

The nerves were finally kicking in by the time she was starting to walk down the aisle. She took no notice of the solemn looking guests. She had to fight back a scoff, could they hide their bitterness for one day?

Except, when she was halfway she finally saw what was happening. Instead of Lando at the altar, it was his best man, Carlos, who looked frantic.

Dani looked around confused, panicked, humiliated.

How could he.

Had he really stolen every ounce of love in her soul and ran away once he had taken it all? Her rich, precious, diamond encrusted love?

Her beautiful Vivienne Westwood dress no longer felt like it fit like a glove: it was shredded, and torn, with her heart and guts on show for everyone to see.

The flowers in her hair felt like they were decaying, their beautiful petals now dried up and dehydrated.

She had told him many times that The Corpse Bride was her favourite movie, and you could say he loved her so much that he made her The Corpse Bride and her favourite movie was now a reality.

Before her father could even say anything, Dani had fleed. The bouquet of baby breaths and lillies and forget me nots were tossed over her shoulder, yet nobody dared to catch it. Nobody dared to suffer the same fate.

She ran as fast as she could, her tears streaming down her pristine cheeks, ruining her best makeup.

She didn't exactly quite know how to describe how she felt about Lando. It was a mixture of hate, anger, betrayal, sadness and "fuck you".

She was there through everything, from all his achievements and now his first ever win in the season.

And he had stranded her in the same place he had his best day, all whilst ruining hers.

He was one big fucking asshole.