the death

It was a normal day in the nursery. Carly was in the pre-school room, looking after the children with Lydia. Neither of the apprentices liked each other - which is why they were placed together, by Roger of course. However, they both got on with their respective jobs.

Carly was still getting used to the new nursery. It was all modern and dull, unlike the old nursery, which was bright and colourful - a bit less McDonalds looking.

"Right then! Shall we go and do circle time? I've got a lovely book for us to read today, it's called.. 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt!'" Carly said, leading the children to the centre of the room.

"Lydia? Do you want to do circle time with us, or do your own thing with your group?"

"Mhm.." Lydia replied absent-mindedly, scrolling on her phone.

"Okay then...? Right, Lydia's group? Come sit with us for circle time!"

It took a while to get the children sat in a circle, and when they were done, Carly started the story.

"We're going on a bear hunt, we're going to catch a big one! What a beautiful day."

"We're not scar-" the children replied, excitedly.

The lights went off, stopping them halfway through their words.

Bang.

Carly realised that was the sound of something falling. 

A scream.

That was the sound of someone falling.

"Okay little ones!" Carly whispered, secretly terrified, "Everything's gonna be okay, go to the book corner please, and stay quiet. Lydia?"

No response.

"Lydia?!" she repeated.

Still no response, although she could still see the light of Lydia's phone, and her reflection on the screen. She grabbed Lydia, pushing her into the corner with the children.

Carly pulled out her phone. A message flashed up on her screen.

"Staff GC 🫶🏼: Charlotte: Is everything normal in everyone else's rooms? The lights have gone out in the baby room and Winter and I heard a scream."

Carly clicked onto the notification.

--------------------------------------------------

Staff GC 🫶🏼

Charlotte: Is everything normal in everyone else's rooms? The lights have gone out in the baby room and Winter and I heard a scream.

Sorscha: No, the lights have gone off in the toddler room too.

Carly: oh they've also gone off in the preschool room too x

--------------------------------------------------

A notification popped up.

"Unknown Number: Carly. The first of the fourth."

That's weird, Carly thought.

She screenshotted it, and sent it to the staff group chat.

-------------------------------------------------

Staff GC 🫶🏼

Carly: *screenshot*

Carly: anyone know what this could mean?

Marjorie: No clue, but I got a similar one: "Marjorie Van Gould. The second of the second."

Autumn: "Autumn Fortune-Knight. The sixth of the first."

Charlotte: i got my name and the ninth of the third?? oh and Winter says he has the sixth of the fifth.

Sorscha: Guys?

Carly: yeah?

Charlotte: mhm??

Sorscha: I got a Spotify link? And a riddle.

Sorscha: *screenshot*

--------------------------------------------------

Carly clicked on the screenshot. The riddle read:

To find the one who won't last long,
You all must search, so hurry along,
The name you find within these songs,
Is who is with the one near gone.

And the link.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6rPLBPFlKtPyw0OmDpvoBT?si=J_TS_HFES0Ksmz7fKv9Wag

AN: THE LINK DOESNT WORK!!

The songs were:

Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey

Let Me - ZAYN

The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived - Taylor Swift

California and Me - Laufey

Single Ladies - Beyoncé

AN: Over to you! Have fun guys, and the next part will be out in... maybe 2-3 days? 

Leave your guesses here ->