Where is home?

The next few weeks are tough. I have the feeling that Louis will have run out of tears at some point after we said goodbye to his mother in the hospital, her funeral has passed and now spring could slowly but surely begin. I just can't stand this gray slush anymore.

Shortly after her funeral, Louis temporarily moved back in with his family. We talk on the phone regularly and it's nice to hear that the family is sticking together and helping each other through this incredibly difficult time. I have one exam after another and sometimes I don't even know where my head is. I still have the key to Louis' little apartment and am tasked with watering the flowers and checking on the mail every now and then. He wants to come back in mid-March. He also has to do this in order not to completely lose touch with his course of study. He has received special permission to attend many lectures online, but of course it is not a permanent solution.

It's strange not being in Louis' apartment. After Louis had been in Doncaster for three days, I went to his flat to check that everything was going. A look into the fridge made me sigh, it was filled to the brim because I had been shopping for us and neither of us had expected such a turn of events. Since I had only eaten cornflakes in my apartment for days, I decided to use the food here and started cooking a vegetable stir-fry with noodles. I sat down in the living room on our sofa, no, Louis sofa, and turned on the television. I flipped through the channels until I got stuck on a football game.

Lou and I had regularly watched football together, even though I wasn't particularly interested in it. Instead, he watched romantic comedies with me, even if he didn't like them much. By now I knew the rules and could even explain offsides. And the names of the players, the coaches and the new team doctor. Louis was simply a walking football encyclopedia.

After the vegetable pan was eaten and the game was over, I packed my things to head home after washing up. Since it was pouring rain outside, I made myself comfortable on the sofa after washing up and took my tablet out of my bag to go through a few things from the university. At some point it was so late that I just decided to stay here and lie down in our bed... Louis' bed. In Louis' bed, not our bed. His bed was also much more comfortable than mine and I just didn't feel like driving back to my apartment at that time.

To be honest, that wasn't the only night I spent in Louis' apartment, there were a few more. Actually, I was mostly in Louis' apartment and even brought my plant collection here step by step so that I didn't have to go back to water them all the time.

I was just about to go to bed when I saw Louis calling me. It was January 31st. It was snowing outside again and even though I would have liked to go for a walk, I instead sat for hours over my study materials for the next exam. I had made piles of documents on various topics all over the living room floor and was now trying to get to my cell phone on the living room table without causing an accident.

“Hey Lou,” I said, almost breathlessly.

"Hazza, where are you? Will you let me in?"

"I'm home...um...well."

"Harry? Then open the door for me, I've already rung the bell three times."

I took a deep breath and looked around frantically.

"Lou, I'm not at my place, I'm at your apartment. I didn't know you were coming."

For a moment there was silence on the other end of the line and I was even more unsettled than the whole thing already made me.

"Ah ok, then I'll go to my place. See you soon, Sun!"

He had already hung up. Oh God.
Oh. My. God.

I looked around the apartment and then down at myself. In an absolute panic reaction, I quickly jump into the shower and then quickly put my study things together, even if my hair is still wet. Maybe I should wear something too.