Chapter 3- Hidden Inventory

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

""= Phone

/= Whispers

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

3rd Person POV:

Darren met up with Kurayami while Miyuki was sitting in a slightly opened gate in the off chance someone tried to attack them.

Kurayami: I'm sorry, this was my mistake.

Darren: Really? I don't think this even counts as a mistake. I underestimated how much our enemy would value Kuroe-San, like the time that I underestimated Akame's strength before we fought her.

Kurayami looked away while Darren stared at the floor.

Darren: Their next move will probably be offering to arrange an exchange for her. Something like trading Amane for Kuroe-San, or saying that they'll kill Kuroe-San if we don't kill Amane. But we have the advantage in any negotiations since we have Amane. As long as they set up the location for the deal, we can make it work out.

Kurayami sighed as Darren leaned against the wall while crossing his arms.

Darren: I'll be taking Amane back to Night Raid now. We can have someone like Mine or Akame serve as her body double.

Miyuki: W-Wait!

Miyuki stood up and clenched her fist before staring at Darren with tears clouding her eyes.

Miyuki: I'm going to this deal too! I still can't trust you two yet. You two are assassins, right?

Darren's glare at Miyuki intensified before he started yelling.

Darren: Huh?! You're still saying that after all this, you-

Miyuki: Even if you do manage to save her... what if Kuroe isn't back before I assimilate with Tengen-Sama?! I haven't...

Miyuki clenched her skirt as her eyes started to shed tears.

Miyuki: I haven't even said goodbye to her!

Darren's face softened as he looked away from Miyuki before slowly walking towards her and sighing.

Darren: The kidnapper will reach out to us eventually. If they seem like they're smarter than we expect, and if bringing you with us is likely to hurt Kuroe-san's chance of survival...

Darren kicked the door open which startled Miyuki and Kurayami just stared at him in disbelief.

Darren: Then we'll leave you behind, do not forget where we are.

Darren glared at Miyuki who wiped away her tears.

Miyuki: All right, that works.

Darren: In exchange, if you get scared partway through and want to go home, we'll just ignore you. Bear that in mind and do not expect any mercy from us, like you said, we're assassins.

-Timeskip-

Darren pulled on his orange jacket while wearing black swimming trunks. Miyuki adjusted her straw hat before the two of them jumped into the water.

 Miyuki adjusted her straw hat before the two of them jumped into the water