You blinked awake, your body feeling disoriented and heavy. The hospital room around you was dimly lit, the sterile scent of antiseptic thick in the air. An IV was attached to your arm, and you could feel the weight of the hospital gown clinging to your skin. Outside the window, it was dark—night had fallen.

As your vision cleared, you noticed Jotaro slumped in a chair, arms crossed, eyes closed. He seemed to be asleep, his face soft and less severe than usual. For a brief moment, the idea of escape flickered through your mind. If you could get out of the hospital, maybe you could vanish into the maze of corridors before Jotaro had a chance to react.

Carefully, you pulled the IV out of your arm with a soft wince, a small drop of blood pooling at the puncture site. You quietly opened the medical drawer beside you and found some gauze to cover the wound. Your legs felt shaky, like jelly beneath you, but you forced yourself to stand.

Slowly, you crossed the room on quiet feet, trying to make your way toward the door. You reached for the handle, heart racing with a mixture of hope and fear. The thought of leaving—just for a moment—felt like a fleeting freedom.

But just as your fingers touched the cold metal, a low voice froze you in place.

"Where the hell do you think you're going, Y/n?"

You stiffened, heart dropping into your stomach. Jotaro's voice, dark and commanding, made it clear you weren't getting anywhere. You turned slowly to find him standing, eyes wide open, and before you could take another step, he crossed the room in just a few strides. He grabbed your arm and gently, but firmly, pushed you back onto the bed.

Without another word, he pressed the nurse call button, his jaw clenched. "You're going to need a new IV," he muttered, his voice low but laced with irritation.

Your body trembled with frustration and exhaustion as you glared at him, the hospital bed suddenly feeling more like a prison. You pressed the gauze harder against your arm, knowing escape was impossible now.

Jotaro stood over you, his eyes narrowing as he spoke. "Do you remember when you fainted the first time? After I showed you the pregnancy test?"

"Yeah..." you replied, wary of where this was going.

"The doctors said the reason you fainted that day, and again today, was probably due to hormonal changes." 

"Ah," you muttered.

He continued, "The pain in your abdomen, the bleeding—that was caused by a subchorionic hematoma."

You recognized the term immediately, the weight of it settling in your chest. A bleed between the uterine wall and placenta. Common but still dangerous. You swallowed hard, a lump forming in your throat. Despite everything, you couldn't stop the next question from slipping out.

"So... the baby's okay?" your voice cracked slightly as you asked, unsure if you wanted the answer.

Jotaro's gaze softened, though his voice remained steady. "Luckily."

After a while, a nurse finally entered the room. You immediately noticed something odd—their uniform had a patch on the sleeve that said "Speedwagon." The name sounded familiar, but you were too groggy and overwhelmed to place it. What struck you even more was that they barely acknowledged you. Instead of speaking to you, their patient, they directed their attention entirely toward Jotaro.

"The ultrasound showed good results," the nurse said, addressing Jotaro like you weren't even in the room. "She's looking healthy for the first half of the first trimester."

It felt strange, almost eerie, that the nurse ignored you completely. You were used to medical staff speaking to the patient directly, but this person acted as if Jotaro was the only one who mattered.