Team Meet

We get back to the hotel room, honestly all of the girls around me ended up screaming with excitement for the fact that we are meeting up with the others. It gives me a chance to get to know Adam more even though it is not a date.

My dress was on the bed and my shoes next to them still wrapped in the paper and tucked inside the box.

My hair was going to be curled into loose curls and Kristen said she would do it because she knows how to curl hair. It wasn't long before it was time for me to leave so I got changed and put my glittering shoes on and left to go to the restaurant where the others would be alongside Adam.

The table where they were was secluded. It was out of the way yet not shoved randomly in the corner. Adam looked gorgeous, as always, in his black suit and no tie. Ugh, the smile.

"Hey Ashlyn, glad you could come tonight." Adam greeted me as he stood up and walked towards me, opening his arms inviting me in for a hug.

"Um thanks for inviting me" I replied fairly quickly. He led me to my assigned seat, straight opposite to his, that smile still planted on his face. He is adorable. 

I was sitting with the contestants. They were very chatty and made me feel welcome which always is a positive when you're not from around here. They had many different accents. Country, Californian like Adam, even Latin American. 

"So, Ashlyn. How long have you been singing for?" Christina said whilst sipping her drink, not losing eye contact with me.

"Um, for about 3 to 4 years, I used to sing just in clubs and bars. Just for experience". I answered whilst shrugging. I could hear Adam laughing at this response before replying 

"Done you good, you have gained confidence, you have an amazing singing voice, as do you all of course".

"Good save" Joshua added as he sipped his wine then continued to chat with his friend. 

"What a loser." Christina whispered to a girl next to hear, but loud enough to hear.

 "Excuse me, I won't be long" I politely excused myself from the table, picking my bag up and walking towards the door. 

"And I repeat, what a loser." Christina scoffed. 

"hey, you've just literally met her, cut her some slack" snapped Caleb. 

"ugh. Well, go get her then" 

I was standing around the corner when I heard this, I scarpered away to hide before I heard footsteps behind me. Caleb had followed Christina's instructions to come after me. 

"Hey, you okay?" he asked flashing half a smile (just as nice as Adam's may I just add) 

"Yeah, I'm good. Just. needed some air" I replied, slightly sniffling 

"She can be a bit mean sometimes, she doesn't know when she does it". He answered, taking me into a hug. 

"Well, I better be getting back" He stated

"Can you get Adam?" I sniffled as he nodded in response as he tapped my shoulder.