Chapter 39 : Dengue fever

"Inaaya

"Inaaya..." Abhi was panicked as she was unconscious.

Abhi rushed towards Inaaya, his heart pounding as he saw her lying unconscious. Panic gripped him. "Inaaya!" he called out, shaking her gently, but she didn't respond. His mind raced with fear, and without wasting another moment, he took her to the hospital.

When the doctor arrived, he quickly examined Inaaya. After a thorough blood check. "She has dengue. It's not severe yet, but she needs immediate care. We need to make sure her condition doesn't worsen," the doctor said, his tone grave but controlled.

Abhi's eyes widened in shock. "Dengue?" he repeated, his voice almost a whisper. The word hit him like a truck. He had heard of the disease before and knew it could be dangerous if not handled properly.

The doctor nodded. "Yes, she needs to be very careful now. Rest is crucial, and someone needs to be with her at all times to monitor her condition," he explained. "Her body needs support to recover."

Just as the doctor finished speaking, Inaaya stirred slightly, her eyes fluttering open. Abhi's panic softened into relief as she regained consciousness. "Inaaya, thank God!" he muttered, leaning closer to her, his voice laced with concern.

Inaaya blinked, her vision still blurry, as she tried to make sense of the situation. "What happened?" she asked weakly, her voice barely audible.

"You fainted," Abhi replied softly, brushing her hair away from her face. "The doctor says you have dengue."

Inaaya's face paled slightly. She tried to sit up, but the doctor gently placed a hand on her shoulder, stopping her. "No, you need to rest. It's important for your recovery," he advised.

"But I'm fine, really," Inaaya protested, trying to downplay her condition. She didn't want to cause a fuss or inconvenience anyone.

The doctor shook his head firmly. "This is not something to take lightly. You need to rest, stay hydrated, and be monitored closely for the next few days. Someone needs to stay with you to ensure you're alright."

Inaaya frowned at the thought. She wasn't used to being taken care of and didn't want to depend on anyone. "I can manage on my own. I don't want anyone," she insisted, glancing briefly at Abhi.

But before she could argue further, the doctor spoke up again, this time more sternly. "This isn't optional, Inaaya. You're weak, and your body needs time to heal. Having someone with you is necessary, not a suggestion."

Abhi, who had been standing silently, watching the exchange, suddenly stepped forward. "I'll stay with her," he said decisively, not leaving room for doubt. His voice was steady, but underneath it, there was an unspoken layer of concern.

Inaaya immediately shook her head. "No, Mr Mehta, you don't have to do that. I'll be okay on my own."

Abhi interrupted her before she could finish. "I'm not leaving you alone in this condition," he said firmly. "You heard what the doctor said. You need someone with you, and I'll be here."