CH-4

Orm was on a phone call with a wedding planner about a huge order for decorations, when she heard the distant sound of the motorcycle approaching. It was Saturday. That was definitely Lingling.

 And as much as this call was important, she didn't want to leave Lingling to any other employee at the front desk. So she rushed to finish the call, asked them to call back at a later hour and then went on over to the counter.

Lingling walked in confidently, and smiled wide when she saw Orm at the front desk.

"Hi Orm " Lingling said, her blue eyes looking bluer than ever, her smile so beautiful. Orm had to bring herself back to the moment

"Hi Lingling"

Lingling almost continued to ask for her bouquet when she realized she had never told Orm her name.

"How do you know my name?" Lingling asked

"Your... your card" Orm replied

Lingling looked confused.

"Your credit card, it has your name on it, sorry" Orm looked embarrassed.

"Oh yes, my bad. I'm sorry. How stupid of me, of course" Lingling quickly said

Orm felt at ease instantly.

"It's sweet that you remember," Lingling said.

"You remember mine, it's the least I could do" Orm said back.

Lingling smiled.

"Let me go get your flowers" Orm said

"Yes please"

Lingling reached out for a note card on the desk to write

"Actually, would you like to come pick out the flowers this time?" Orm stopped to ask

Lingling got nervous. "I wouldn't know what's what" she said

"I could show you. Most customers just pick out the ones that look pretty to them" Orm said.

Lingling stood silent, confused about what her next move should be. This beautiful, beautiful woman with the Thai accent was calling her to pick out flowers with her. 

And normally, Lingling  would answer with a definite no thank you, afraid of risking exposing her lack of knowledge of flowers. But she was curious today. Wanted to know how Orm picked out the flowers for the bouquet each time she asked for one.

"...Unless you're late for your date." Orm said.

Lingling started to shake her head no, and was just about to say "okay, I'd like that", when another customer appeared beside her.

"Hi, can I get a bouquet of roses?" the woman said to Orm .

"Sure ma'am." Orm looked around and called for Ying to get the young lady's requirement. In that moment, Lingling felt like she'd be taking up too much of Orm's time and quickly said

"Orm , actually, I am a little late. Maybe you could show me some other time?"

Lingling saw Orm's face change. She almost looked...disappointed? But then quickly, she masked it with a warm smile and said "I'll hold you to it"

Lingling smiled back. Orm signaled to her to write her note until she billed the other woman for the roses. And when Lingling handed her the note, the name there was Charlotte.