Lando Norris - Trouble

Author note : This story is inspired by Happier Than Ever by Billie Eillish. 

You're insecure, don't know what for ?

You're lying in bed, your face buried in the pillow, tears streaming silently as you hug your knees to your chest. You know it's silly, but the thoughts swirl in your mind like a storm you can't escape. The insecurities, the comparisons, the constant voice telling you you're not good enough. You're dating Lewis Hamilton, for God's sake—a global superstar, a Formula 1 legend who's dated women gracing magazine covers, supermodels, actresses. You try to push it all away, but the feeling lingers. You feel so small in comparison.

The door creaks open, and your heart skips a beat. Lewis is home. You quickly swipe at your tears and turn on your side, hoping he won't notice. But Lewis is always observant. He's always tuned into you.

"Babe?" His voice is soft, questioning.

You don't answer right away, trying to compose yourself, but it's too late. You hear his footsteps approach, the bed dips slightly as he sits next to you, and his warm hand finds its way to your back. Gently, he rubs it, the gesture already melting some of your tension.

"Hey," he murmurs, concern in his voice. "What's going on?"

You swallow hard and force a shaky breath. "Nothing... I'm fine."

Lewis shifts so he's lying beside you now, his body curling around yours protectively. He can sense when you're holding something back. He always can. He pulls you closer, spooning you as his arm wraps around your waist. His breath is warm against the back of your neck.

"Talk to me," he whispers softly. "Please."

You can't hold it in any longer. The dam breaks, and your tears flow freely. Your voice cracks as you try to speak through the sobs.

"I just... I feel like I'm not enough for you."

He tenses behind you, surprised. "What? Why would you think that?"

Your hands tremble as you wipe your cheeks. "Look at who you've dated before, Lewis. Supermodels, actresses, women who are famous and stunning. And they're still part of your life, your friends. I can't help but compare myself to them. I'm not like them. I'm just... me."

There's a moment of silence. Then Lewis gently turns you so you're facing him, his thumb brushing a tear from your cheek. His brown eyes, always so full of life, are soft, filled with an emotion that makes your heart ache.

"You're not 'just' anything," he says quietly. "You're you. That's exactly who I want."

You try to protest, but he stops you, resting his forehead against yours. "Listen, I know my past might make you feel that way sometimes. But trust me when I say those people, they don't compare to you. Not even close. It's not about fame or looks. You make me feel something no one else has."

You bite your lip, trying to calm your sobs. "But... I'm not glamorous like them. I'm not in the spotlight. I'm just normal."

He leans back a little, looking at you seriously. "I don't want you to be anything but who you are. I love that you're not in the spotlight. I love that when I come home, it's to you, to this space where I don't have to be 'Lewis Hamilton' the celebrity. I can just be myself with you."

His words are so genuine, so full of warmth that it tugs at the tightness in your chest. But the insecurity still lingers.

"What about them, though? You're still friends with some of them, and they're so..."

"Beautiful?" he finishes for you, shaking his head. "Yes, they are. But that doesn't mean they're who I want. They're in my past for a reason. You're my present, and you're my future. You're who I choose, every day."

He tilts your chin up, forcing you to meet his gaze. "I need you to know something, okay? I'm not with you because of how you look or how famous you are. I'm with you because you make me feel like the best version of myself. You ground me, you make me laugh, and you care about me in ways that matter. That's what's beautiful about you."

You feel a fresh wave of emotion, but this time, it's not from insecurity. It's from the love you can see so clearly in his eyes.

"Come here," he murmurs, pulling you back into his arms. He tucks your head under his chin, his hand gently stroking your hair. "Don't ever doubt how much you mean to me. You're everything."

In his embrace, the weight of your insecurities starts to lift. It doesn't disappear completely, but with him holding you like this, whispering soft reassurances, you feel safe. You feel loved. And maybe that's enough for now.

You close your eyes, letting his warmth, his words, and his presence comfort you. He kisses the top of your head, and you sigh, finally allowing yourself to relax in his arms.

"I love you," he says softly, his voice barely above a whisper.

"I love you too," you reply, feeling a little more sure of it now.