The Beginning

Ibadan, a city of old charms and hidden secrets, was where Seun found himself trapped in a web of emotions he hadn't prepared for. He had just moved from Lagos, seeking a fresh start, only to realize that the mysteries of this ancient city ran far deeper than its rusted rooftops and bustling markets.

Seun had always been a calm, collected man, until he met Yewande. She was beautiful, with a smile that could light up a room, but there was something dark behind her eyes, something that warned him to stay away. Yet, like a moth to a flame, he couldn't resist. Yewande worked at the local gallery, and their paths crossed when he visited on a quiet afternoon. It was there, amidst the art and the silence, that the dangerous dance began.

Yewande had her own demons. The ones she tried to forget but couldn't outrun. Seun, oblivious at first, became her escape, though not without consequences. She was still tied to Opeyemi, a man whose jealousy knew no bounds. Opeyemi and Yewande had shared an intense love once, but now, it was all lies, betrayal, and deceit. Yewande sought freedom in Seun's arms, yet she couldn't shake off Opeyemi's hold on her.

Meanwhile, there was Deji, Seun's childhood friend, who had also moved to Ibadan to open a business. Unlike Seun, Deji's life was picture-perfect. He was engaged to Arike, a sweet woman from a good family. But things weren't as they seemed. Deji had a dark secret, one tied to Sodiq, a mysterious figure in the city. Sodiq knew things—dangerous things—and held Deji in a tight grip. What started as a small favor had turned into something much darker, and Deji was sinking fast.

As Seun became more entangled with Yewande, his world started to shift. Lust blurred the lines between love and destruction, and soon, he found himself questioning everything he knew. Opeyemi's constant threats became more than just words; they turned into actions. Yewande's loyalty wavered between the two men, and when Opeyemi found out about Seun, chaos erupted.

Segun, Seun's brother, warned him to leave Ibadan, to return to Lagos before it was too late. Segun had sensed from the beginning that something was off, but Seun was in too deep now. Love, or what he thought was love, had clouded his judgment. Pelumi, a mutual friend, was caught in the crossfire, trying to broker peace but failing miserably.

One night, everything came crashing down. A party at Deji's home turned into a night of horror. Arike had discovered Deji's betrayal, and in her rage, she sought out Sodiq, leading to a chain of events that no one saw coming. Sodiq, never one to leave loose ends, took matters into his own hands.

Blood was spilled. Lives were changed.

Seun, now fleeing the city, knew he'd never be the same. But something kept him there—the hope that, amidst the carnage, there might still be love, real love. He couldn't shake the feeling that Yewande was hiding something more, something that could explain the mayhem around them. But did he really want to know?

As the streets of Ibadan grew darker and more dangerous, Seun found himself in a race against time. To uncover the truth, to find love, or to escape with his life.