Exhaustion

(EARLY A/N: hi guys I'd just like to say that this chapter kinda goes the same like first book!! That's it, happy reading)

I'd be laying in my bed, trying to gain the motivation to do anything aside for stare at the ceiling. I have been feeling like this for a while with little to no explanation at all.

All had been great. I have good partners, a nice little robo-step-kid, s good.. Everything, actually. Yet, I couldn't even get up unless it was just to go to the bathroom, otherwise I had completely bedridden myself. What's wrong with me?

My thoughts got interrupted by Test Tube walking in, looking a bit stressed. I'd make myself scoot up, knocking a few things off the bed, paying no mind to it.

"Hey, 'Tube." I'd wave, my eyes following her as she walked to her bed.

"Hello, Lightbulb.." She'd take off her lab coat, collapsing onto the bed, taking her glasses off as well.

I'd turn into my side, looking a bit more worried. "You a'ight? You look.. Deaadd?"

She'd sit up, nodding. "I'm fine, it's just this experiment I'm working on. I didn't realize how hard it'd be to make! Or, perfect anyway."

"Ooh! Wanna share what it is?"

She'd pause, contemplating.
"Well, to put it simply, it's like a super antidepressant. I believe I have it mostly done, but it still needs some tweaks."

That definitely intrigued me.. A *super* antidepressant?
"What exactly makes it super?"

"I'm glad you asked! It's pretty much the same EXCEPT, it makes you actually happy! Just serotonin and a few other things."

I'd sit there, silent. She has pills like that? Just suddenly deciding to make those? It doesn't matter. If those work, I could.. Feel better.

"Do you have anyone to test 'em out on?" I'd tilt my head, my voice a bit more hesitant and shaking than normal. That's weird.. I'm usually more confident than that..

"No, actually. But, I've found alternative ways to see if it works." She'd smile, putting the glasses down on her nightstand.

"Ohh.. I wanna volunteer, though. You need a real person for somethin' that'll help people!" I'd put my hands on my legs, leaning over the bed just a little.

She'd hesitate, putting her hand behind her head. "But Lightbulb, I told you, it isn't completely finished. I don't want it to accidentally hurt you if I screwed up a bit!"

"Come onnn, you'd never make that big of a mistake! Please? Just this once?" I'd grin, clasping my hands together hopefully.

"Alright! Alright! I suppose the possible consequences couldn't be that bad. Just... Go to sleep; it's past 7:46." She'd lay down, pulling the blankets over herself.
I'd nod, turning off the light, and laying back down.

I don't think I'll be able to sleep for a while now that I think about it. I think I'm too excited about the idea of feeling better.. Just close your eyes, Lighty. It isn't that hard.

After about another 20 minutes, I finally calmed down enough to drift off the sleep, not realizing how exhausted I was. I'd stare at the ceiling again, my eyelids falling as only one thought went through my head

Please work.

(A/N: YES YES MUCH SHORTERRR I KNOWWW BUT I HATE EXPOSITION WITH A BURNING PASSION 🙏 so uhhhmm thank you 4 reading)