Chapter 25...

'In Islam whatever is labelled haram is a protection for us.'

"Inalillahi wa inailyahi rajiun, I am so sorry to hear this Baba." She responded on the phone, after hearing the devastating news of Fuddes' husband. The call ended and she let herself sink into the bed, knowing it could have been worse.

'Inalillahi' 'Inalillahi' she kept mumbling, hoping and praying they would be okay.

"Babe what happened?!" He asked her, sitting close to her with his hand resting on her back. It felt nice having a support system since when Mama died everything has been hard on the family.

"Muhammad was shot yesterday evening, but he is okay now." She said this, thinking about her girl Alfudde, it didn't matter how grown Fudde was, she would always never little sister.

"Oh" his reply to her was just 'Oh'?! His reply made her frown. What does he mean by 'Oh?', what happened to at least say a prayer of recovery?

"Oh?" "Babe, how can you say Oh?" She turned now facing him.

"Ke Dan Allah" he stood up in frustration, she looked at him honestly puzzled.

"Ah, ahn? Babe, I am telling you my brother-in-law got shot and you are saying Oh?" She asked him, still sitting.

"Ni gaskiya I don't know what you want me to say, he got shot so? Is he the first?" He added looking her in the eyes as he uttered these words.

"Your brother-in-law got shot? So what! The streets aren't funny after all." He said this as he ripped open a mint candy and threw it in his mouth.

"Ah ahn..." "Do you..." "oh my God no!" She said in disbelief with her hands over her mouth. He averted her gaze.

"No no, You..." She was shaking her head in complete disagreement of the thoughts flooding her mind.

"Please don't be dramatic Amatullah" He was starting to get irritated by her expression, biting on the sweet in his mouth.

"Dramatic? Babe, you shot Muhammad!" She said at the top of her voice walking to stand in front of him, her abaya veil was on her shoulder now and her beautiful black Fulani hair was evident.

'How beautiful she was, but stupid' He thought to himself.

"I did it for you, Amma" he put his hands on her shoulder, and she shrugged him off.

"I only wanted to scare her!" He said as he walked past her.

"Scare her how Khalifa? How?" She asked the love of her life, this man she would do anything for. The man she was about to scam her family for, the man she has caused a rift between herself and her siblings for, no matter how it's phrased Ahmad Sani's family would always be her home, that is all she has ever known. They are l she has ever known.

"Babe you complained about that brat ai" Was this his excuse? Because she complained? he took a gun? She didn't believe him. Her face was masked with complete disbelief, shock, and fear, even she couldn't place a finger on what she felt right now. She wanted to scream at him, but she couldn't due to the love and respect she had for him.

"Khalifa you almost killed them". She spoke softly to him, she didn't want him to get angry at her.

Khalifa's anger was not a cute thing, he goes blank and does things he can't take back. But 'she loves him, she understands him, he understands her...so they were perfect'.