Volume 1: Demonic Masters (Class Z)

POV: Rimuru Tempest

Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School, also known as ANHS for short.

A prestigious school apparently renowned for gathering Japan's elite, smart, talented students.

Placed on an island, playing as a mini society of sorts - based on real life society, and having no outside contact policy, ANHS is deemed as one of the most unique schools in Japan, mostly due to a small information saying that this school gives its students a 100% employment and college acceptance rate after graduating here. This is the main reason why almost every student from many different countries in the world, from Japan to America, England, Germany, China,..., all went there to get the so-called guarantee reward this school offers.

And I, the one and only, Rimuru Tempest, was one of the students being accepted there.

You're probably wondering how I got accepted into such an establishment. To be honest, that's a secret.

What? You really thought that I would spill out some details about my personal life and the reason why I entered here? Sorry, but doing that is no fun at all, and I really hate spoiling the fun. I'd like to keep these as secrets and mysteries, mind you.

However, with an opportunity to enter ANHS in front of everyone's eyes, most people would say it shouldn't be turned down, right? Anyone would be excited if they were in my place, it's natural, right? Imagine, suddenly receiving an official letter announcing your admission to the most prestigious school in the country... You'd surely be ecstatic, right?

Anyways, enough talking about that, let's go back to the present.

Currently, in this early morning - 6:30 AM, to be exact, I was now on my way to my assigned class, Class Z. I must say, for a normal school, it should have 4 assigned official classes: A, B, C, and D. And yet, in a mysterious place like ANHS, there was suddenly a Class Z appearing from out of nowhere.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that the mysterious Class Z was supposed to be the place for some kind of unique, talented geniuses. But, it isn't just that normal type of genius. Instead, this class was born for the geniuses that are more advanced, more talented, more unique, and perhaps... More demonic...

... Nah, the last one was way too overkill, but the first three were true, in my opinion. Perhaps there is more to this school than there is on the surface, and I will find clues about that.

Walking through the hallways towards our class, I noticed a lot of more hidden cameras. 48, to be exact.

Having finally made it to a class which had the label "1-Z", I walked in and observed the class, seeing that there were a total of 20 seats, and also, 4 more hidden cameras at each corner of the room.

Huh, so they are watching the students at all times, huh? Given that I've spotted the cameras through the hallway, at this moment I'm not even surprised at this anymore. In fact, I'm pretty sure that this school might have placed hidden cameras within other classes as well as some places like the gymnasium, the school pool,...

However, there's a small chance that this school might have left some spots in this school without cameras. Otherwise, it wouldn't be like the outside society that this school is so inspired by.

Wow... It's just my first day at this school and it's already very shady and mysterious. I'm pretty damn sure that it's not normal at all.

"Seems like I'm the first person to come here early," I commented.

"You aren't the only one here, my dear rival," A strange, but familiar male voice replied, "Sometimes, I wonder whether it was fate or divine intervention that decided we are destined to be tied together, Rimuru Tempest-kun."