Fresh Blood

"Good morning class, today we have a new student who will be joining us. I know it's rather late in the year but principle Nezu had the final say." Mr. Aizawa looked over at the entrances to the classroom. "Hurry and introduce yourself already and wake me up when you're done."

Sliding the door open with a bit more effort than I had wished, I took my stand on the podium and introduced myself.

"My name is Kira Masadon, it's nice to meet you all" followed with a quick but formal bow to the class. "I hope we work well together." With that introduction out of the way, I made my way to one of the desks in the back. The students in the class began whispering to one another as I sat down next to a blonde dude with red eyes.

"What are you looking at extra?" His voice came off hostile while his eyes scanned me up and down with suspicion.

"Just getting to know my new neighbor is all," I gave him a quick smile but turned back to the front of the class. Only then did I notice Mr. Aizawa was in a sleeping bag. "Wait, was he serious about falling asleep?"

"Yeah that's something you're going to have to get used to." The green haired kid ahead of me turned around in his chair to face me. "Mr. Aizawa doesn't joke around about his sleep."

"I can see that... and you are?" My face contorting with confusion still looking at the teacher in the sleeping bag.

"O-oh excuse me where are my manners," he said taken aback. "I'm Midoryia Izuku, your lovely neighbor to your left is Bakugo Katsuki."

"I don't need you to introduce me to people I don't know, Deku!" Bakugo hissed.

"Take it easy Kacchan" Midoryia pleaded. "It's his first day let him get situated before you start glaring at him."

"Whatever," Bakugo scoffed. He turned back to the front of the classroom.

"Masadon was it" Midoryia asked? "Get with me once class is over and I'll show you around."

"Just call me Kira and yeah I'd appreciate that." I flipped him a thumbs up.

"Quiet back there, I'm about to start going over the next lesson. Unless you two have something to share!" Mr. Aizawa was already back at the podium glaring at the two.

"Uh no sir" sweat dripping down my forehead.

"It's your first day and you're already behind pay attention." His facial expression was nothing but a cold scowl.

The class proceeded without any more interruptions. The lesson overall was pretty bland all things considered. Looking around the classroom I realized the class had quite the diverse group of students. Everyone looked so unique. Finally the lunch period began, Midoryia made his way over to my desk.

"You hungry Kira?" A smile plastered across his face.

"Uh... yeah I could eat" the kindness radiating off him made me nervous. We made our way out of the classroom and started walking towards the cafeteria. As we got our lunch we sat down at an empty table together.

"So how did you get recommended by the principal?" Midoriya opened the conversation.

"It's kinda a long story but to dumb it down for time sake." I paused a minute before thinking about what I wanted to say. "I got into some trouble using my quirk illegally to fight some villains that were terrorizing my town. I got wrapped up in a ton of legal issues and nearly went to prison."

"I see, I assume the principle intervened somehow towards the end and brought you here for some type of parole option?" His eyes locked on my face.

"Pretty much, he was able to get the charges dropped since I didn't seriously injure anyone." I sighed before picking up my chop sticks and began eating.