02

THE MARAUDERS WERE JUMPINGaround in the Gryffindor common room as the loud music of the weird sisters was playing

around in the Gryffindor common room as the loud music of the weird sisters was playing.
They won yet another quidditch game and the entire house was celebrating.

James was dancing with his cup of firewhiskey in his hand as the rest of them were laughing freely at some silly jokes.
Feeling a tap on his shoulder, he turned around and was surprised by the intruder.

Lily Evans stood there with her own cup, wearing some tight pants and a cropped top.
Her red curls were framing her face as she smiled slyly at the marauder.
"Hey James!"

He frowned a bit, startled, as he nodded at her with a tight smile,"Evans."

The girl frowned for a second, before masking it with a bright smile,"Good game."

"Thanks."

Lily pursed her lips awkwardly at his dry answers and cleared her throat,"Do you want to dance?"

James raised his eyebrows as his frown deepened, before sighing,"No thank you. Have fun.", before turning around to look at his shocked friends.
"What?"

"Y—you just turned down Lily.", stated Peter with wide eyes, Remus matching him, while Sirius smirked deviously.

The Potter heir shrugged,"So what?"

Remus blinked at him continuing,"You fancied her for years, mate."

"I—I don't know, I just—", James heaved a breath,"My mind is fussy, you know? And I am so trying to find this one girl, I bloody asked around for her name. I know who she is from seeing her, but I don't know her name or house!"

"Well what does she look like?"

"I think we need to sit down for this one.", Remus sighed as the four went into a more scheduled area with their drinks.

James took a sip of his drink as he started ramble,"I don't know mates, this chocolate frog literally knocked down my books and then jumped onto this fucking beautiful girl and I actually feel like this is love at first sight, because I can't get these big brown eyes out of my head!"

The three other boys sat in silence, trying to digest his words as they all were thinking what to say to the desperate boy.

"Like seriously—don't!", Remus started, before warning Sirius, who was about to open his mouth,"I don't want to offend you, James, but I do believe you have like—a mental problem?"
He got slapped on the arm by Sirius,"What?!"

James frowned a bit,"Well, I do get extremely focused on something quiet quickly, but it's not bad? I mean, who doesn't want someone that's obsessed with them? I mean, I—I am not bad!"

"No, no, you aren't.", Remus furiously shook his head,"—but whoever this girl is and for example, you do get her. What if the obsession fades away?"