Day Out

Smriti's POV

Its been a day since I have been in Dubai and I learnt that convincing Hania to take a day off was proving to be a tougher challenge than any cricket match I've ever played. She's always so focused and dedicated, which is one of the things I admire about her. But today, I just wanted her to relax and have fun — to experience Dubai in a way she might not get the chance to with her busy schedule.

"Come on, Hania, just one day! You need a break," I said, my voice almost pleading as I held the phone to my ear. "You're always working, always on set. Take a day off and spend it with me. I promise it'll be worth it."

"Smriti," she sighed on the other end. "You know I would love to, but I've got shoots lined up, and if I don't show up, I'll get an earful. It's not that easy."

I grinned, knowing I was wearing her down. "It's just one day, not a whole week. You're telling me the great Hania Aamir can't take one day off without the world falling apart?"

She chuckled softly. "You're so stubborn."

"I've been told," I teased. "But seriously, I'm already here in Dubai, and I'm not taking no for an answer. I'll come to the set if I have to and kidnap you."

She laughed again, and I could feel her resolve weakening. "Fine. One day. But if I get in trouble, I'm blaming you."

"I'll take full responsibility," I said quickly, not wanting to give her a chance to change her mind. "I promise, it'll be the best day off you've ever had."

"Alright, alright," she agreed, finally. "You better make it worth it."

The next morning, I pulled up outside her hotel in a sleek black Maybach I'd rented for the occasion. It was a bit much, I'll admit, but I wanted to make sure the day started off right. I texted her to let her know I'd arrived, and a few minutes later, she walked out of the hotel, looking absolutely stunning in casual jeans and a varsity jacket. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun, and as soon as she saw the car, she broke into the cutest smile.

"You seriously rented a Maybach?" she asked, laughing as she approached the car.

"Nothing but the best for you," I replied, stepping out to open the passenger door for her like the gentlewoman I am.

She blushed slightly, her dimples making an appearance, and my heart did a little flip. "Such a gentlewoman," she teased as she slid into the seat.

I closed the door and hopped into the driver's seat, glancing over at her as I started the car. "Ready for a day of fun?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," she said, still smiling.

Our first stop was this quaint little café I'd found online, tucked away in a quiet corner of Dubai. It had that warm, cozy atmosphere, with soft lighting, rustic wooden furniture, and the smell of freshly brewed coffee filling the air. It was perfect.

As we walked in, I couldn't help but notice the way Hania's eyes lit up as she took in the ambiance. "This place is so cute," she said, glancing around with approval.

"I thought you'd like it," I said, proud of my choice.

We walked over to a table by the window, and before she could sit down, I quickly pulled out her chair for her. She gave me a playful look, her lips curving into a smile that made my stomach flutter.

"You're really going all out, aren't you?" she said, sitting down and crossing her legs gracefully.

I shrugged, trying to play it cool even though my heart was racing. "Just trying to make sure you enjoy yourself."