30• Cursed hum

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

"Your bride is in town Zaeem, you should take out time to go see her even once before the wedding and ask how much she needs for the wedding preparations" Mimi said to Zaeem who went to greet her after his day at work.

"Okay, but how did you even know that Mimi?" Zaeem replied and asked at the same time to not give Mimi the opportunity to notice his okay was fake. No way in heck will he disturb himself to go to her.

Marriage? He knows a better one.

"Through her paternal aunt of course. You know in order to prepare well for this wedding we have to know of our traditions right. And while discussing that, she happened to mention she came yesterday noon" Mimi replied.

Zaeem didn't say anything regarding that, he just couldn't get how they go on about planning a wedding when they know clearly he doesn't want it.

But he let them have their ways. All he knew was that nothing in the whole world would convince him to go to an event if they organise one. Heck they wouldn't even see him on the wedding day, he'll make sure of that.

It was enough headache to have Yusra so angry and done with him, he wasn't going to entertain more than just that. He hated hurting her, but each time it's like the universe is against her happiness in its entirety and she was exhausted of it.

And of course she stopped going to the hospital.

"I'll go and rest now Mimi" Zaeem said after a while of silence. "Okay, but I hope you'll take a break from work when the wedding closed further. I should not hear of a groom working during his own marriage"

"I will insha Allah" Zaeem assured but that was also an inevitable lie. Take a break? What would he do at home with the one woman he hates so much after the wedding?

He knew he wouldn't take a break. And It was like apart from the marriage, he was disagreeing to everything else.

"Good, go get some rest" Mimi dismissed and with no waste of a second, Zaeem stood up and left for his room.

He hadn't seen Hayma and Haifa that much those days but it didn't bother him. He had far better things to worry about than the people he guessed were either busy on their own or have gone for another holiday at their aunt Reshma's house.

As Zaeem sat on his couch, he began to reason the many events that happened in his life the past few months, events that were still happening. He wouldn't call all of them bad, but certainly 90% of them were bad.

Yeah that good 10% was due to the person who cared for him at his lowest.

At that junction he didn't even know what and what to expect in his life. It was like his father planned it all out for him and he couldn't help but cringe at that. And he knew at some point, he'll definitely rule out anything his father will try to make him do.

At some point, he will be done with him!

~°°~

"Ukht are you ready?" Uwaimir asked after a faint knock on the door to Nahla and Farah's room.

Anwar and Farah had left awhile back to go to places she wanted to visit again. And Uwaimir said they should go alone with the intention to rekindle the love between them. Also that would give him the opportunity to bond well with his sister before her marriage which was arriving incredible quick.