Chapter 17 - Tagaytay Part II

Two days had passed since their passionate morning in Tagaytay, and today was special, it was Daniel's birthday. The sun hung high in the sky, casting a warm glow over the cozy beach house, and a sense of excitement filled the air. Ava had put in a lot of effort to prepare for the small gathering, decorating the living room with colorful balloons and a handmade banner that read "Happy Birthday, Daniel!"

As the sun began to set, casting a golden hue over the horizon, their friends started arriving, bringing laughter, gifts, and an array of drinks. The atmosphere was electric, filled with the sounds of cheerful greetings and the clinking of glasses. Daniel stood at the center of it all, a wide smile stretching across his face as he embraced each of his friends.

"Surprise, birthday boy!" Annika exclaimed, her arms thrown around him in a warm hug. "We wouldn't miss this for the world!"

"Thanks, everyone! You guys are the best!" Daniel grinned, his heart swelling with gratitude.

As the evening wore on, laughter filled the room as friends shared stories, jokes, and playful teasing. Ava sat beside Daniel, her hand resting on his thigh, radiating warmth and affection. Every now and then, their friends would glance at the two of them, exchanging knowing looks that made Ava blush and Daniel chuckle.

"Look at these two lovebirds," Perry teased, raising his glass in a mock toast. "I swear, you two have been inseparable since Tagaytay. What were you doing while the rest of us were waiting for you?"

Daniel laughed, leaning back in his chair. "Just enjoying some quality time," he said, winking at Ava, who buried her face in her hands, giggling.

"Quality time? More like a master class in ecstasy!" Cher chimed in, her laughter ringing out as she joined in the teasing. "We all know how much you two have been enjoying each other."

Ava shot Daniel a playful glare, half embarrassed and half amused. "Okay, okay, we get it! You all missed us too, right?"

"Missed you? We were more like worried about what you two were getting up to," Annika joked, grinning widely. "But seriously, we're happy for you guys."

Daniel smiled, feeling grateful for the supportive banter. "Thanks! I'm just glad we're all together celebrating."

As the drinks flowed and the stories became more animated, Perry suddenly stood up, drawing everyone's attention. "Hey, can I get everyone's attention for a second?"

The chatter quieted down, and all eyes turned to Perry, who wore an excited grin. "I have some amazing news to share! Cher and I are engaged!"

Gasps of surprise and shouts of joy erupted from the group, and Ava clapped her hands together, her eyes sparkling with delight. "Oh my God, congratulations! When did this happen?"

Perry beamed, glancing at Cher, who was blushing and holding her hand out to show off her new ring. "Just a couple of days ago. I wanted to make it special, and what better way than on Daniel's birthday?"

"Wow, that's incredible! We need to celebrate!" Daniel exclaimed, raising his glass high. "To Perry and Cher!"

"To Perry and Cher!" everyone echoed, their glasses clinking in a chorus of cheers.

Once the excitement calmed down, Annika chimed in, her face glowing with happiness. "And I have news too! I think I've finally found someone special. His name is Marco, and he's sweet and funny."

"Wait, what? You're dating someone?" Ava asked, her eyebrows raising in surprise.

"Yeah! We met a couple of weeks ago, and I really like him," Annika replied, her cheeks flushed with excitement.