<<Prologue>>

Queen Eel sat upon her throne, the elegantly decorated room silent except the quiet humming of the sea outside the heavy stone walls. She waited, drumming her ringed talons on the arm of her shell throne impatiently. They'd be back soon enough, certainly. Matters of this nature had to be done briskly. The doors swung open, and a navy blue SeaWing entered, removing his helmet made of thick shell and sand plaster. He stood there, a small bag swung over his shoulder. The Queen cleared her throat, looking down at him. His pale eyes were narrowed, like little pools swimming with hints of regret and hesitation. This shan't be accepted. She rose, spreading her large wings and snapping at him with a firm growl in her booming vocals.
"Abalone, has the mission been a success?"
The guard nodded solemnly, beginning to speak.
"Yes, your majesty. The group and I released the vile into the MudWing's main supply while they were sleeping. Barracuda managed to achieve the Mudjem."
Abalone removed the small bag from his shoulder, carefully slipping his claws into it, removing a deep crimson ruby, sparkling like seawater on a summer day. He approached the postured Queen, carefully handing the dazzling gem to her.
"Perfect. Make sure to send a patrol to spy on them. Give me the updates as well." The female SeaWing smiled, holding the jewel in her palm carefully.
"Yes, your majesty." The blue SeaWing turned and exited the corridor swiftly.
The Queen couldn't peel her beady eyes away from her new possession. She grinned, rising from her throne, keeping it safely gripped within her talons, she slithered out from the throne room, storming down the hallway. She opened a large wooden door to her right, startling the small teal SeaWing the room held. She looked up, a terrified look seeping across her young face. Queen Eel cleared her throat once more, placing the ruby on the SeaWing's working desk intently.
"I want a necklace with my finest pearls with this as the charm by tomorrow morning." Eel demanded, squaring her shoulders.
"Of course your majesty." The jeweler replied.
And with that, the Queen turned and marched out the door proudly. She passed a wooden shelf, filled with several scrolls. She traced a single talon upon them, reaching the blank ones. She selected a small one and pulled it out, carrying it as she headed back to her throne room quietly. When she arrived back, she peeked behind her throne, seeing a small chest. She smiled, picking it up and unlatching it, taking a quill and an ink bottle. She settled down, letting out a relaxed sigh as she began to write.

 I can't wait until Monarch hears my plan. My castle will be absolutely gorgeous, and I'll even make her a room for her own! It will be phenomenal for our kingdoms to share this land.

 As she placed her last mark onto the scroll, she lumbered away from her throne, to a room to her left. She opened the door. Her husband, Urchin, was writing a scroll as well, scratching his snout. He looked up, and smiled.
"Hello, darling."
Queen Eel returned the smile, placing the scroll onto his desk.
"I want this mailed directly to Monarch as soon as possible."
Her husband nodded, taking the scroll and setting it aside.
"Is it about your plans with the Diamond Delta, love?"
Eel nodded, turning and returning to her throne swiftly. This was a wonderful day to remember. Soon, the MudWings would wither away helplessly and she would have their territory to build her castle. The muddy land would be perfect for a SeaWing like her, and the Mudjem, worth ten... No, twenty pounds of gold hung around her neck as a symbol of defeat of the useless mud tribe. And nobody was going to stop her.