Chapter 11: Exams!

With both Noelle and Ryan trying to place their personal worries aside, time went by unnoticed and both of them are now sitting in an air-conditioned room, answering test questionnaires.

"Nasa reviewer ko lahat 'to, kayang-kaya ko sagutan lahat!" Noelle exclaimed ecstatically while continuously answering the questions one after another.

Not everyone, however, is the same as her. Some outright did not study for the exams, some are having mental blocks, and some are almost begging their seatmate for answers they have not got an idea what to write on.

That being said, someone is neither of the above given people. That someone being Ryan.

While all other of his classmates were either having a hard time or finishing the exam with one fell swoop, Ryan was thinking of something else. It has been twenty-five minutes since the test started, but all he has written so far was his name and the date for the day.

"Hmmm..."

"Mukhang hindi bad mood si Noelle..." he thought as he did a quick glance on her from across the room.

This made him look like he was cheating on the exam, which alerted his professor which made him go near Ryan and whisper to his ear.

"Ryan, hijo. Isang lingon pa, mapupunit na 'yang papel mo, ha."

Ryan was confused at first, but then afterwards realized that he in fact looked like he was cheating.

"Ay, sorry ser. Tapusin ko na po agad 'to."

After the warning that he got, he immediately started answering the test. To his professor's surprise, Ryan was answering the test with such speed that he wondered even more if Ryan was cheating, which made him go near Ryan and watch him as he answered the exam.

Ryan on the other hand was quite delighted that the test came out as he expected it to be.

After a whole 10 minutes of answering, Ryan flipped his test paper and then went back to spacing out once more.

"Okay class, pass your papers. Stop writing, ang makita kong nagsusulat pa, I will not accept their papers."

The room was filled with sighs of relief. While some were complaining the test was too hard and some were asking their friends what they answered on some of the numbers, Ryan remained spacing out in his chair up until Jeremy and the others approached him.

"Perd, kumusta sagot mo? Gago may tatlo akong hindi nasagutan."

Ryan looked at him and realized that he was the one Jeremy talking to.

"Ayy." he hurriedly replied. "Goods naman ako Perd. Tumulala lang ako nung wala na masagot sa identification. HAHAHAHAHA."

He then stood up quickly and fixed his things in his bag before continuing to talk. "Saan ka may nalimutan Perd?"

"Do'n sa may ano Perd..."

Jeremy continued to complain as all of them walked out of the classroom, going to the canteen they always eat at because it's their vacancy now.

"Ta's alam mo ba Perd, hiyang-hiya na ako kanina. Kaso, ang hirap talaga kaya ko binulungan si Benj para sana magtanong ng sagot."

"Ay, ano nangyari Perd?" Ryan felt like Jeremy was about to say something hilarious.

Samantha started laughing after hearing Jeremy's initial words. "Tawang tawa ako kanina r'yan sa Perd mo, loko."

"Kaya nga eh. Sabi ba naman ni Benj, wala raw siya masagot sa identification. Inangyan oh!"

Ryan bursted out laughing right after hearing Jeremy's complaint, which Benjamin looked at them with one of his eyebrows raised.

"Ay sus, deadma sa mga basher." He stated monotonously while maintaining his eyebrows raised.

Ryan can't help but tease his friend even more, which made him go to Benjamin and pat his back jokingly.

"Hiyang-hiya sa sariling nagtanong yung isa, tas ikaw naman isasagot mo awa mo sa sarili kuya." Ryan laughed harder as he was teasing Benjamin, almost unable to finish the sentence he is saying. "HAHAHAHAHAHA gawin ko nang bagong arc ng GC 'yan."

Everyone laughed as well upon hearing Ryan's joke.

"Hirap mo pagtanggol BFF forever." Keithlyn said while concealing her laughter.

"Ay sauce si BFF naman." Benjamin replied, now sounding a bit sadder.

As they continued to tease Benjamin, they reached the canteen and immediately sat down.

"Haayy, tama na nga." Ryan sighed. "Okay lang 'yan kuya, tanggap ka namin."

"Oh, ay sus kuya. Deadma nalang talaga." Benjamin pointed at Ryan unconsciously.

As they all sat down, some brought out their packed lunch while some already went to buy their own at nearby eateries.

When they all finally sat down, they started eating comfortably. Some of them like Samantha and Shane even started reviewing for the next subject while others like Benjamin and Keithlyn were more focused on finishing their meal first.

Ryan on the other hand went back to thinking about Noelle. Like how and when should he approach her about the answer to his confession.

He was stuck in thinking about it until he realized something.

He took a bite out of his lunch as he thought that his idea was not too bad. "Oo nga noh. I-cha-chat ko nalang siya kung pwede ba kami makapag usap sa Intrams about do'n."

He contemplated further and thought that the idea might not be as good as he thought it would.

"Ay, kaso baka pala hindi siya pumasok 'pag walang gagawin. Hirap lang."

"Tatanungin ko nalang din siya, baka pwede naman." he concluded, thinking that it would still be a good thing to ask her about it before giving up on the idea.

He sped up eating his lunch due to being somewhat excited in sending the message he just thought of sending to Noelle. When he was finished, he immediately grabbed his phone and typed the message.

"Hii, Noelle. Gusto ko sana malaman if available ka this coming intrams? Gusto sana kita makausap tungkol sa naudlot na sagot mo noong binisita kita. Whether available ka or hindi, thank you in advance!"

He repeatedly read it to make sure that the message was not being rude and was free from typographical errors.

After a good five-minute back and forth read, he clicked the send button. This made him immediately hide his phone inside his bag, even almost throwing it inside.

Rhiann who was beside him the whole time looked at him acting like that and wondered. "Kanina ka pa tahimik ah, kumusta ba exam kanina?"

"Ay, 'di dahil d'yan." he replied, explaining what was going on inside his head the whole time including what he just did.

"GAGO KA BEH, LEGIT BA?!" Rhiann unconsciously exclaimed, grabbing the attention of the people around them.

"Ay, sorry po. Hehe." she apologized before asking Ryan about what he just did.

Ryan felt a glimmer of embarrassment from what he just said to his friend. "Oo nga. Pero waiting pa sa reply niya."

As Ryan answered, the whole gang heard it and softly celebrated Ryan's move.

"Tanginamo Ryan, ayan na! Bading ka, sana magreply siya." Keithlyn cussed in excitement.

"Badingggg, 'yan naaa!" Shane added in response to Keithlyn's excitement.

"I-chika mo sa'min kung ano isasagot niya kuya ha." Benjamin also replied, showcasing his chismoso nature by default.

"Sakto pala, may laro rin ako sa intrams." Nikki jokingly advertised her game in response. "Pasamahin mo na manood. HAHAHAHAHA."

Everyone agreed, making them a bit more rowdy. Noelle on the other hand just read Ryan's message.

"Sure, ikaw na bahala kailan. Naka dorm naman tayo pareho. See you!"