005

"You know," Evan speaks up suddenly, breaking the silence between them. He keeps his tone casual, as if he is only making small talk. 

"We've been walking together for a while now, but I still don't know your name."

-"We're literally in the same class dumbass."

He chuckles, unbothered by your insult. He knows you are trying to maintain your frosty facade, but he can't help but enjoy your feistiness.

"I know we're in the same class, smartass. But you've never bothered to introduce yourself properly. Can I at least get a name, or are you planning to keep me in the dark forever?"

-"Hyena." He repeats your name, letting it roll off his tongue.

"Hyena. It suits you. It sounds as tough and feisty as you are."

He glances over at you, noticing the small hint of a blush creeping up your cheeks. He quickly looks away before you can catch him staring, but a sly smirk tugs at the corner of his lips.

"So, Hyena," He continued, his tone casual. "You're a pretty tough cookie, aren't you? You act like you could take on the world by yourself."

-"Yeah. So what.?"

He chuckles, amused by your bluntness. He knows that you are trying to keep your guard up, but he couldn't help but find your attitude endearing.

"So what? I just find it intriguing. Most girls swoon over me and practically beg for my attention. But you act like you could care less if I exist."

He glances over at you again, studying your expression. He can see the subtle changes in your demeanor when he mentions other girls swooning over him. He makes a mental note to keep mentioning it, just to rile you up and see your reaction.

"So? I would rather start at books than at you. " You reply coldly.

He feigns a gasp, pretending to be offended.

"You'd rather start at books than at me? Ouch, Hyena. That's a blow to my ego. Here I am, giving you my undivided attention, and you'd rather spend time with some dusty old books. Harsh."

He tries to come off as playful, but he can't deny that your indifference slightly stings his pride. He is used to being the center of attention, and having you act so nonchalant about his presence is a new experience for him.

He shrugs off the slight blow to his ego and decides to try a different approach. He casually slips his hands into his pockets and looks at you with a sly smirk.

"You know, Hyena, you're the first girl who's ever chosen books over me. I have to admit, it feels oddly refreshing."

-"Eww. " You make a disgusting face, judging him.

He chuckles at your disgusted expression, finding it both amusing and endearing.

"Eww? Come on, don't be so dramatic. I wasn't saying it's a bad thing. I kind of like it. It's nice to have a challenge for a change. Most girls are too easy, they fall for me with just a few charming smiles."

-"Because they don't prioritize study. "

He raises an eyebrow, surprised by your response.

"Are you calling me a distraction? Do you see me as a hindrance to your studies?"

-"You can't do anything to me."