Chapter Eight Eijirou Kirishima (+extra ship)

"Rock... Paper... Scissors!" She throws her hand out in the shape of scissors but is met with a rock.

"Hah! You totally should've known!" Her best friend chortles and snatches the bag of chips from her hand.

"I really should've!" She cries and stares longingly at the bag of chips they had been fighting over. He sighs and offers her some.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you, Kiri?" She cheers, reaching for a handful.

"Not often enough." Kirishima grumbles.

"I love you. I love you. I love you." She chants in between each bite.

"O-ok! That's enough, Addie." He turns his face away with the back of his hand covering the lower half.

Addie grins and continues munching on her snack.

Addie and Kirishima have been friends since middle school when Addie befriended him and protected him from his bullies. She stood between them, and since they didn't want to hit a girl, they left. Ever since then, they've been inseparable.

Kirishima claims he joined the hero course so that she never had to protect him again and that he would always protect her in return. She, of course, thinks that's nonsense and that he should worry about himself but lets him do as he wants.

"So..." Kirishima starts, breaking the silence. "My friends want to meet you." He thinks back to this morning.

"So when do we get to meet your girl?" Sero sidled up to Kirishima, who was sitting at the table, eating.

"Yeah, it's been almost two years, and all we know is that you walk her home from her school every day." Mina joins the conversation.

"Is she funny? Nice? Kind? Pretty?" Kaminari interrogates him.

"She's all of the above. Now leave him alone. We need to get ready for school."

The three turn to star at Bakugo in shock, Kirishima didn't know how to feel about Bakugo calling his best friend pretty.

"You've met her!?"

"Of course I've fucking met her. It was some time in first year."

"What!?" All three were appalled.

"How come he's met her but not us?" Kaminari demands.

Bakugo glares at Kirishima who quickly comes up with an answer.

"He won't embarrass me. Plus, they're kinda alike." Kirishima shrugs matter-of-factly.

"What!?" Bakugo looms over him. "I am not anything like that airhead! She's more like Dunce Face over there."

"Yeah, but she's got a short temper." He was just fanning the fire at this point.

Kirishima shakes his head, returning to the moment.

"Are you busy tonight?" It was Friday so they didn't have to get up for school tomorrow.

She gasps excitedly. "Yes! I'd love to! Let me get ready when we get home, and then we can go straight to your dorms after that."

"Oh, actually, I need to give everyone a heads up and probably tidy up."

"In that case, you go ahead, and I'll catch up when I'm ready."

Kirishima looks at her apprehensively. "I don't know. I don't want you walking alone. How about I pick you up from your house once you're ready?"

"Kiri~." She dragged his name out, annoyed. "I love that you're worried about my safety, and a lot happened in your first year, but it's like a fifteen minute walk. What could possibly happen?"