A new start - Ch 1

"Thank you for choosing ANA " said the flight attendant with a bright smile on her face.She looked perfect from head-to-toe after 24h long flight. Then there was Ro, who looked like a mess with her curly red hair in a half up-do and rest of it sticking from the hair elastic holding it. She didn't have any make up and she knew there were black lines under her eyes without looking at the mirror. Her clothes did not match her nor did they match her surroundings. Everyone looked sharp, well dressed. Ro's knit jumper was 2 size big for her and her baggy sweatpants made the whole look worse. She quickly passed the lounge and went to collect her bags. 

She had two, everything else was left in Copenhagen. Strange thing is that you can fit your whole belongings in to two suitcases. Your whole life boxed up in those cases. The first night she finished packing Ro sat near the cases and cried for hours. She felt desperate and unable to do anything. She thought she had it all and that "all" couldn't have been fitted in to two suitcases but, there it was...What had happened to Robert, why did he have to do what he did. Was she really that bad?

Ro saw her bags at the last second. She had to run after them and another man in his 30s helped her catch the last one. He smiles gently as he gave the luggage to Ro. She sat to a bench near the baggage pickup line and started watching other people. 

"What am I doing here? Why did I come here? " she thought as she kept watching other people. 25 minutes later everyone from her plane had collected their belongings and now the line was carrying the bags of another plane. 

"I couldn't have cared less" Ro muttered but she didn't know what she didn't care about.  

Arrival gate was flooding with people holding up name cards. She suddenly saw her own name "Ro Nørreblom". It was her friend Sumire. Her oldest friend. Sumire's parents used to work in the embassy in Copenhagen and they lived a block away from Ro's house. They met at the kindergarten and became friends quickly. However when Sumire turned 17 she had to go back to Japan so the best friend were separated. But they never stopped talking, after all it was the age of internet and telephones.  Sumire was jumping and waving to her. Ro run as fast as she could with her luggages. The  two women hugged each other strongly and for a long time. 

Sumire: I can not believe you are here.I though you said You'd never come back after what happened last time. 

Ro: I didnt have many choice and second chances exist right? 

Sumire: Yes they do and I am really glad that they exist, she said as she giggled. Sumire let Ro go and grabbed one of her bags. They kept talking as they walked and as they got on the train. 

Ro: Have you seen the house?

Sumire: I did! It is beautiful! No wonder it costed that much. 3 rooms and a big kitchen! Anyway I have arranged the gas, water and electricity. Your fridge, dishwasher etc just came in today. They will be plugging it tomorrow in the morning. All you have to do is to go to bank and rearrange the payments.

Ro: Oh you are the best! I don't know how I'd do it without you. You know i haven't seen it in real life, I only had the pictures from the company and the plan.

Sumire: Okay we can go there tonight but you aint stayin' there honey. You don't have a bed, no kitchen utensils. You have nothing. You can stay at our house for this week. Since Kai is barely at home he said it's fine. He even promised to take us to IKEA tomorrow.

Ro: Problem at home? Your tone is a bit off. 

Sumire: Nah! Just the usual stuff. They are working on a new album and there is the anniversary coming up and the lives! Its just he is never there and I miss him. 

Ro: aww I am sure he will find some time to spare for you. But I told you, don't mess up with a musician. 

Sumire: I am telling you, you will end up with one then I will be the last one to laugh.