𝟐. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐫

On another summer day, Y/N sits in a boat on the middle of the lake with his Uncle Daniel and three cousins. He has the day off today and, somehow, that landed him here.

"Uhm, is this good?" His cousin Gus holds up his fishing rod.

"No!" Manly Dan shouts, snatching the rod from his son and breaking it in half.

"I'll show you how a real man fishes!" He reaches into the water and rips a fish out with his bare hands before tossing it into the boat and punching it repeatedly.

Y/N's cousins begin cheering their dad on, but he just sits there miserably.

Out of nowhere, Old Man McGucket starts wailing and running around on land. Manly Dan brings the boat back to the dock to get a better look.

"The Gravity Falls Gobblewonker!" McGucket cries, "Come quick before it scrabdoodles away!"

"That man has the crazies." Manly Dan scoffs.

"Hey! Hey!" The owner of the lake waddles out of his cabin with a spray bottle, "What did I tell you about scaring my costumers!?"

"This is your last warning, dad!" He squirts his father repeatedly.

"But I got proof this time!" McGucket whines.

He leads everyone on land to the end of the dock and points out a wooden boat that's been split in half, "Behold! It's the Gobbilywonker that did it!"

"It had a long neck like a gee-raf, and wrinkly skin like, like this gentleman right here!" He points at Stan.

"It charred my boat up into smitherooons! And shim shammed over to Scuttlebutt Island!"

"You gotta believe me!" He wails.

"Attention all units," Sheriff Blubs speaks into his imaginary walkie, "We got ourselves a crazy old man."

Everyone on the dock laughs.

"This is ridiculous." Manly Dan goes to move the boat, but Y/N stops him.

"Wait, Uncle! My friends from work are over there, can I-- go hang out?"

Manly Dan pauses in thought, "Since when do you have-- Never mind," He waves the boy off with a shrug.

Y/N wastes no time hopping off the boat and running down the dock, "Hey, guys!"

"Hey, Y/N!" Mabel smiles as he stops beside them.

"Did you guys hear what that old dude said!?" Dipper beams.

"Smitheroons!" Mabel mimics.

"Scrabdoodles?" Y/N suggests.

"No," Dipper scoffs, "The other thing! About the monster! If we can snag a picture of it, we can split this prize three ways!" He exclaims, pulling out a newspaper page from his vest.

Mabel gasps, "That's like... three hundred and.... and... that's like three hundred dollars!"

"Exactly!" Dipper cheers.