17. Gixigon's Message

"Don't look through it."

Xevie averted her eyes from the gaps in the walls and turned to the green dragon. It was still strange to hear his real voice.

"If I'm not to look through, then why are there gaps?" Xevie said.

"The wall is there to protect and hide us. Because of the Siracles and my weakened state, there are gaps. You can move around this place as you please, but never in that direction."

The dragon had brought them to the same place where Xevie first saw him, the same peaceful and warm garden. Xevie noted how healthier he looked. The last time she saw him, Gixigon was lying down and barely moved, but now, he was flying, his long tail swaying behind him. He circled around the girls, who watched in astonishment as the dragon slowly landed in front of them. The leaves on Gixigon, especially the larger ones on his head trailing to his tail, created a small breeze. With him sitting upright this time, Xevie realized how great his size was and how magnificent he was.

"You seem to be doing better," Xevie said, earning bewildered looks from her friends.

Gixigon seemed to smile. "I am, and it's all thanks to you."

Xevie chuckled. "How does you getting better relate to me?"

"In more ways than you can imagine," Gixigon answered. "As I said, you, and your friends, are not ordinary trues.

"Are you..."

Gixigon glanced at Jisri, who stood behind the other girls.

"I am Gixigon, the third Santle," the dragon said.

I'm actually seeing a Santle in person! Jisri had several things going through her mind and couldn't stop the gleeful smile on her face. If a Santle was here, communicating with them and bringing them to wherever this was, how could the possibility of the three girls being the TruNightians be denied? Her thoughts were interrupted by Gixigon's sigh, which brought a breeze.

"Did you bring me here by accident?" Jisri asked.

"No," Gixigon replied. "Jisri, I can't thank you enough for your help. If it weren't for you, bringing them to where I need them to be and hiding would have been much more difficult."

"I—It's my pleasure to do so." Jisri smiled.

"Now, it's time for all of you to listen, I only have a couple of minutes." As soon as he said that, the girls found themselves sitting on top of leaves. Gixigon continued, "I am getting stronger like the other two Santles who are held captive by the Siracles."

"They're captured?" Jisri exclaimed. She was shocked about this news, which also explained the silence of their works. But in her mind, Jisri pondered about this. How could the Santles have been easily captured? How could the Siracles—who were supposed to be in the same age range—take them down? With Gixigon here, then it meant the Soarious Bird and Enchanting Fox were the ones in trouble.

"Xevie, Lacéan, Emversyn, you will learn of our history later. What you should know now is that as the TruNightians, with your great powers and knowledge, you are TruNight's heroes and must protect the city from the Siracles. Just as you've woken up with a blank mind, so have the Santles also just woken up and so are still in a weak state, separated from you," Gixigon explained, looking at Xevie, Emversyn, and Lacéan. "Your strength will return soon. You have no memory because of the last battle with the Siracles."

"How long were we asleep?" Lacéan asked.

"I'm not sure, I haven't been able to focus on that yet," Gixign replied.

"Gixigon, are you Xevie's Santles?" Emversyn asked.

"Yes, I am," the dragon said, glancing at the white-haired girl. She finally spoke. Gixigon saw most of their journey from when they woke up and noticed that Emversyn spoke less than before the battle and her mind seemed to be elsewhere. It startled him at first, but she appeared lively with her interactions with her friends.