Chapter 1: The Art of Checking In

We've all been there. That moment when life feels like it's running ahead of you, and you're doing everything you can just to keep up. The deadlines, the to-do lists, the constant push to be productive. It's easy to get caught up in the whirlwind. But when was the last time you really checked in with yourself? I mean, really asked, "How am I doing?"—and waited long enough to hear the answer.

For me, that question didn't come naturally. Like many people, I thought I had to keep going, keep pushing, and that everything would fall into place as long as I was doing what I was "supposed" to. But it didn't take long for things to start falling apart instead. I began feeling overwhelmed and disconnected, like I was on autopilot, and life was happening to me, rather than me living it. My mind was always full—of worries, doubts, plans, and second-guessing myself. The one thing I didn't make time for was myself.

That's when I realized something needed to change.

It wasn't that I was physically exhausted (though some days that was true too). It was more than that—I was mentally drained. That's when I discovered the importance of mental wellness, and just how neglected it can be. In a world that celebrates hustle and busy schedules, we often forget that rest, reflection, and inner peace are just as important. If not more so.

And so began my journey toward wellness—not the kind that's about perfect routines or eating the right foods (though those help too)—but the kind that starts from within. It's about learning to listen to my mind and body, finding ways to cope when things feel too much, and, more importantly, giving myself permission to slow down.

Wellness on My Mind is about that process. It's about exploring what it means to truly take care of ourselves—not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. It's about checking in with our thoughts, acknowledging our feelings, and being kind to ourselves on the days when everything feels heavy.

I'm not here to give you all the answers. Honestly, I'm still figuring it out myself. But what I do know is that we can all start somewhere, even if it's small. Maybe it's five minutes of quiet reflection in the morning. Maybe it's writing down what's on your mind before bed. Or maybe it's just learning to say "no" when you're feeling overwhelmed. Whatever it looks like for you, the important thing is that you start.

This journey toward wellness is not a straight path, and it's not one-size-fits-all. It's messy, and it's personal. But it's also freeing. It's a chance to reclaim your mind, your time, and your sense of peace. So, let's begin. Together.

Welcome to Wellness on My Mind.