002

October 5th 1987

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

Lucy felt the warm sunlight stroke her soft skin as it peeked through her blinders. She rubbed her eyes gently as she sat up in her bed. She had been home for a few days now, and she still hasn't talked to Jayden. She felt so guilty and ashamed, had she ruined their friendship?

Suddenly the doors of her bedroom slammed open. There Miriam stood, hyper and energetic.

"Time to wake up, sleepyhead." Miriam teased her. Her voice was bubbly and clear as she walked towards Lucys bed.

"I'm up, I'm up." Lucy groaned, stretching her arms lightly. She pushed the sheets off of her as she faced Miriam.

"You better be. Now get dressed, we're going out." Miriam stood before her. Her words were more like a demand than a question.

"What? where are we going?" Lucy let out a sigh. She glanced over at the clock and saw the time, it was 11 AM.

"You're gonna help me find a costume, halloweens coming up." Miriam explained. She started walking towards the door again. "Meet me at my car in 20!" She exclaimed, shutting the door behind her.

Lucy rubbed her eyes again, taking in a few more moments of the sunlight soothing her bare skin. Then she got up from her bed, she faced her mirror. Her hair was a mess, she groaned.

She shifted to walk towards her closet. Miriam had let her borrow a few of her old clothes. Lucy had brought minimal clothes, due to the fact that she wore uniform in school. She opened the large closet. Her eyes wandered all around it, scanning the fabrics. She picked out some denim shorts and a sweatshirt. She got dressed. She brushed out her hair gently, it was full of tangles and she didn't want to rip it out.

Lucy had finished getting ready and was walking down the stairs. Her mother stood in the kitchen and she must've heard Lucys footsteps tap along the wooden stairs.

"Lucy, honey i've prepared breakfast for you!" Her mothers tone was sweet and warm, it was slightly louder so Lucy would hear her.

Lucy walked down the final step and made her way to the kitchen entrance. Her mother sat by the counter, drinking coffee and flipping some kind of gossip magazine, typical. Lucy leaned against the wall of the entrance as she yawned.

"Thanks mom, but I'm not really hungry. Plus i'm going out with Miriam." Lucys tone was calm and quite raspy due to her drowsiness. She thought her mother would be thrilled about her finally leaving the house. Lucy had spent most of her time inside and kept to herself these past days.

Her mother turned to face her. A warm smile had settled on her lips. She put down the cup of coffee as she clapped her hands together lightly. She was relieved that Lucy finally would do something else than sit in her room all day.

"Okay, well have fun. But are you sure you're not hungry?" Her mothers tone had turned a bit more worried, so had her face.

Lucy cleared her throat. She straightened her posture a bit from leaning against the wall. She noticed that her mothers expression and voice had changed slightly.

"Uh, yea i'm-" She began speaking but was quickly interuppted.

"Lucy, come on! We're waiting on you." Miriams voice was filled with annoyance and inpatience. She stood in the hall, arms crossed across her chest.

Lucy turned around swiftly as she saw Miriam standing in the hall. She almost felt a sense of relief, like she was saved by the bell.

"Uh, i'm coming." Lucy told her sister. She paused to turn back at her mother, who still had an almost worried expression.

"Bye mom, i'll see you later." Her voice was light but a bit cold.

Her mother let out a noticable sigh as she went back to flipping the pages of her magazine. Lucy walked towards the hall. As she was putting on her sneakers the thought hit her. Miriam had said "we're waiting." Was there more people coming with them? Lucy had only met Miriams friends a few times, like when they picked Miriam up or drove her home. They seemed like the typical rich and popular kids, even though that sounds cheesy it was hard to not think they were. Lucy finished tying her shoelaces.

"Wait, what do you mean we?" Lucy turned to face Miriam as they walked towards the door.

"Oh, i forgot to tell you. Elijah and Ted are coming with us." Miriam opened the door as she spoke.

Lucy sighed. She had hoped it would just be her and Miriam. She felt a bit awkward by the thought of spending the day with two boys who she didn't know.

They walked out the door, Lucy closed it behind them. When she turned around she saw them, Elijah and Ted sitting in the car waiting.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

______________________________________________________________________

Authors note,

Short chapter again, sorry!!

I'm feeling so uncreative. Please write any suggestions or advice you have!

Also just warning that this book will contain of mature themes.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀