1

Sara' POV :

It was already 11:57 pm and I was still stuck on the road. There was a huge traffic in front of me.

I was a way too impatient, while sitting inside the black Scorpio, that my father fitted for me to take me and Shrutika to the hotel. At that moment the A.C. also seemed to be very hot, I wanted to move out of the car and run to the hotel.

But, I could not, just I couldn’t.  😔

I pressed the side button of my phone. A picture of him and me popped up along with the time.

Oh My Gosh !

It was 11:59.

I had less than even a minute to reach the hotel that was still 3 kilometres away.

I wanted to cry, I mean, I planned so well for his birthday, but, I could not reach in time.

Seriously ?!

Isn't it so awkward ?! 🫤

In fact, I had booked the flight from Mumbai to Kolkata that would reach here at 2 pm sharp, so that I didn’t run late.

But things got wrong, when that flight got cancelled due to some weather issues and now I had to come here with another flight.

Disgusting !

I checked my phone again. It showed 00:00, 8th September. 🤯

I clenched my teeth and wrinkled my forehead in irritation.

I opened whatsapp. His number was at the top. I clicked on the chat, that is saved as 'Monkey ❤️'.

Me : HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY  ❤️

He replied just then.

Mickey ❤️ : Thank you ❤️

Me : Doing what ?

Mickey ❤️ : Talking to my girlfriend 😶‍🌫️

Me : 😮‍💨

Mickey ❤️ : What ?  😕
                        Did I say something wrong ? 🤔

Me : Shut up

Mickey ❤️ : 😬
                        Umm.. mood off ?  😶

My sad face became the playful one, once again. I really liked his this one nature the most. He could understand what I was feeling right then. ☺️

Me : Uh-oh, yeah, actually..

Mickey ❤️ : ??

I looked outside. We were passing by a road and there was no traffic, fortunately.

I asked my driver, "Uncle, how much time we need ?"

He said, "Just 5-6 minutes more, beta ji".

I was relieved.

Mickey ❤️ : Are you alright, babe ? 😕

Me : Wait.. I'll talk to you later 😉

I smirked. I knew he would be surprised at it, cuz I never did like this. It has been one and a half year of our relationship, but I never said him, 'Talk to u later".

I grinned. I saw he sent me a '☹️' emogi and I reacted a '😛' emogi.

As I reached the hotel, I called my mom. After ringing twice, she picked it up, "Have you reached to the hotel Sara ?".

"Yes mumma, I'm walking through the corridors now".

"Is Shrutika with you ?".

Shrutika was my manager, cum, friend. She travelled with me everywhere. In fact she was with me inside the car.. umm.. she was actually sleeping in the car.