Part 1

Well hot damn! Second klance story I'm posting here in 2924 >:) I hope this is enjoyable to anyone reading this!
*************************************************
Romeo and Juliet is undoubtedly one of the most famous plays ever written. So when some amazing local actors come together and do a show about it, it certainly gets the public going. But what also gets the public going? The fact that Lance McClain and Keith Kogane are both in the same play. Which is not the best, considering how much they hate each other. But, Keith made the best Juliet (they decided to rename Juliet Julieto for this reenactment), and Lance made the best Romeo. The play was produced by a wonderful lady, Allura, who casted and is directing the play.

"Keith, you need to enter from stage right, NOT left."

"Lance told me you changed the staging!" Keith glared at Lance, who was standing on the opposite side of the stage.

"Woah there mullet, social distancing, remember? You and I don't mix. That's all I'll say."

Keith flipped the bird at Lance.

"Keith, Lance, enough. You know you can get fired for this, right?"

"YEAH LOSERS GET BACK TO WORK."

"Shut up Pidge!" Keith and Lance yelled simultaneously.

The day went on as usual. Allura directed, Keith and Lance bickered, more directing, more fighting etc. until the end of the day. But this time, it was a bit different.

"Lance, Keith, come here for a moment please."

Both of them walked over to her.

"Now both because you two are my friends, and are the best candidates for Romeo and Juliet, I don't want to fire you. But, if this keeps up, I'll have no choice. So, I want you two to practice each of your parts together, here, for two hours everyday after work until you can at least be in the other's presence without fighting. Agreed?

"Agreed." They both said, solemnly.

"Good. Now let's keep working on that staging, shall we?"
____________________________________

As soon as Allura left, along with everyone else, Lance and Keith immediately got to work, insulting each other that is.

"Away, you mouldy rogue, away!" Lance yelled.

"I am sick when I do look on thee." Keith yelled back.

Their hollering went on for quite a while. Before Keith decided that they should actually do what they were told, that seemed reasonable enough.

"Lance, as fun as insulting you has been, we should probably do some actual work so we don't get fired."

"Whatever mullet head. Fine. Ya know what? I wanna skip a few pages."

"Of course you do."

"Shut up and let me read."

Lance flipped through the script and what he found what was likely the most horrifying thing he had ever seen in his entire life:

Romeo
O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do;
They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.
Julieto
Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake.
Romeo
Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take.
[He kisses him]
Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purged.
Julieto
Then have my lips the sin that they have took.
Romeo
Sin from my lips? O trespass sweetly urged!
Give me my sin again.
[He kisses him again]
Julieto
                                        You kiss by th' book.

Lance was devastated, horrified, disgusted beyond human comprehension. There was no way Allura was thinking when she was working on the script. He took out his phone and immediately called her.

"ALLURA PLEASE DON'T TELL ME I HAVE TO DO THAT WITH KEITH."

"Do what?" Keith asked.

Lance waved the script in front of Keith's face before he let him grab it and read those horrendous words off the page.

"OH HELL NAW. NO WAY AM I DOING THAT. MY FIRST KISS ISN'T GOING TO BE WITH LANCE."

"WELL MY FIRST KISS ISN'T GOING TO BE WITH SOMEONE WHO THINKS MULLETS ARE STILL IN STYLE."

"FOR THE LAST TIME, IT'S. NOT. A . MULLET."

"FOR THE LAST TIME, YES. IT. IS"

"I'M STILL HERE NOW SHUT YOUR MOUTHS AND LISTEN TO ME."

Keith and Lance quieted down.

"To answer your question, Lance, the answer is, and DO NOT INTERRUPT ME, yes. You do have to kiss Keith. I took this into account knowing you are bi and Keith is abnormally gay-"

"I heard that."

"Anyways, you two are in professional theater. It is my decision to make and I think that this would make the play all the more better. Now, I have to leave so you may as well rip off the bandaid and start practicing."

"ALLURA-"

She then hung up the phone, leaving the two of them to discuss... that.

"Ok so-"

"NO WAY AM I NOT KISSING YOU LANCE."

"Geez Keith calm down. I know it's gonna be awful to kiss your hideous face..."

"Right back at ya."

"But, Allura is right. She's our director and this is our job and we kinda need it to pay the bills. So... we need to try and do something."

"Such as?"

"I don't know! Figure out some way to find it slightly more bearable to kiss each other? You need to pitch in too. I'm not doing all the work."

"God you're so dramatic."

"That's what theater is, baby! Wait a minute... What if we called each other pet names?"

"No way."

"At least try to be supportive! I'M the only one putting ideas out there. YOU'RE just disagreeing with me, as always."

"Well my idea is stupid so I'm not gonna-"

"You have an idea? Let's hear it!"

"No."

"Oh come on! We have to kiss each other within the next few months. Better start getting used to seeing the epitome of hot while you're at it. Before you know it you'll be dying to kiss me." Lance leaned in, smirking, only a few inches from Keith's face.

For some reason, Keith's heart jumped a bit at that. That's odd. Lance always tried talking about how supposedly hot he was. So how come this time it made his heart skip a beat?Maybe the way he worded it this time, and how he moved so close into his personal space... Keith was just nervous, and uncomfortable. That's all and nothing more.

"Well... I was thinking we could write poems?"

"Oooh! That sounds great. Just make sure to make it as sappy as possible."

"That's not going to happen."

"Whatever. We'll just send them over text. Is that ok?"

"Sure."

"Cool. See ya rival!"

"See ya."
____________________________________

And the story shall continue >:D