1. The beginning

It was June 1 and the year was 1980. It was hot all the time in California and the weather was sunny. The beaches were crowded by people and the palm trees were swinging with the wind that came from the ocean.

Mary, a young woman who just turned 20 years old who has shoulder-lenght dark hair and almost pale skin despite that she lives in sunny California, is sitting at her porch smoking her last cigarette.

Her home was shabby and unrenovated. It was a tiny house which has two bedrooms and it was located in a bad area. Mary was living with her dad. Dad started to hate Mary after her mom left when she was just a kid. Mary's life was destroyed after mom had left. Dad didn't care what Mary did or how she was feeling. Finally Mary had learned to survive in life all alone.

Mom's leaving and dad's indifference however, had an effect on Mary's behaviour. As a teenager she started to hang around with bad people and doing some small crimes. Nobody still never cared. She just managed to get out of trouble so she never ended up into a juvenile.

Mary had always lived in poverty and she was used to it already that her home was shabby and she sometimes didn't have money for food. She hated it. She hated rich people which California was full of. She couldn't take it that someone else had lots of money and some useless things. She didn't want to live with her dad anyways because how horrible he was to her. She wanted to get her own place from a better area. Mary was ready to do anything that she could leave from her current home.

Anything...like some kind of heist. A bank perhaps?

Mary had only done some pickpockets. She had never even thought about doing some bigger heist. But it would probably be the only solution so Mary would get wealthy and would get to move out from her dad's house. Only if the heist would succeed and Mary would never get caught. It was almost impossible. Especially alone. Only if she would have some kind of group...

Mary's thoughts are interrupted when she hears her dad yelling something from inside of the house. She sighs deeply and stomps the cigarette butt on the ground. She took a deep breath and went back inside where her dad was yelling at her and calling her some different bad names.

"A heist? Dont be so ridiculous," Mary thought by herself. "Only professionals could manage to do that. You should start to be more realistic"

The sun dimmed in California already and the weather got bit cooler by a degree or two. The first day of June was now officially over and Mary could not even think about what the summer of 1980 would bring to her.

—————————————————————————

Mary was walking on a busy street couple days later. The weather was still sunny and also very hot so she was wearing a black top and shorts. Mary didn't have almost any clothes because she didn't have enough money for those.

She was on her way to the nearest shop so she could buy a new pack of cigarettes. She had ran out of cigarettes again. Fortunately Mary had found couple cuarters from the table in her living room. They were probably dad's but right now Mary didn't care about whose cuarters they were. She just wanted a pack of cigarettes. She needed it.

The thought of robbing a bank came back to Mary's head again. It was probably the most ridiculous thought, she had ever gotten but still it was running in head all the time. Mary just shook her head and walked into the shop.

Mary finally got to buy her cigarettes with those cuarters which she found from her living room. She stopped infront of the shop and lit one of the cigarettes. She left a satisfied sigh while blowing out some smoke out of her mouth. She felt the nicotine rushing in her body. The thought of robbing a bank had left from Mary's head atleast for now.

She kept walking from the shop back towards her home while playing with the pack of cigarettes at the same time. She didn't look forward at all and didn't see the receivers. Suddenly she bumped into someone.

- Hey!? Mary yelled while falling on the ground. The cigarettes flew on the ground form the pack and Mary tried to collect them back.

- You should look forward idiot!! Mary growled and notices that the person that bumped into her was another young woman. She had blue eyes and blonde hair. According to her outfit she looked wealthy but how on earth someone like her has gotten lost into some bad area in California?

Authors note: Hello,
English isn't my first language so there might be some mistakes in vocalbury or grammar. I still hope you could enjoy this and the upcoming chapters.
Love ApolloGr❤️