𝗶. 𝘛𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘰𝘸𝘯

𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐔𝐏𝐎𝐍 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌ᵃ ʲᵉʳᵉᵐʸ ᵍⁱˡᵇᵉʳᵗ ᶠᵃⁿᶠⁱᶜ・ ・ ⚝ ・ ・ ・ ・ ⚝ ・ ・ ・ ・ ⚝ ・ ・

𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐔𝐏𝐎𝐍 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌
ᵃ ʲᵉʳᵉᵐʸ ᵍⁱˡᵇᵉʳᵗ ᶠᵃⁿᶠⁱᶜ
・ ・ ⚝ ・ ・ ・ ・ ⚝ ・ ・ ・ ・ ⚝ ・ ・

❝𝘔𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭? 𝘋𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺.❞

—𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐏𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 roof of the Mikaelson Family mansion, 16-year-old Astrid Mikaelson sat with her feet dangling off the edge. She'd decided upon returning to Mystic Falls although she wasn't quite sure why. Her converse clad feet swung, occasionally hitting one another, as she watched sun rise over the forest nestled behind the house. 

Even though the sun wasn't as warm as it was on her skin as it was 1011 years ago but it didnt matter. What mattered, was that she able to enjoy it nonetheless. 

"Darling, what are you doing up there?" 

She glanced down to see her father, Elijah Mikaelson, smiling up at her. "I made you some breakfast, come eat before it gets cold. I'll take you to school afterwards."

"Ill be right down," Astrid called back with a smile as she watched her dad walk inside, shaking his head and laughing. She back-flipped off the roof, landing on her feet before walking inside. She was dressed in a pair of dark, wide leg jeans and a colorfully striped tank top. She brushed her curled hair back over her shoulders as she turned into the dining room. 

She found her father seated at the table, waiting for her with two plates of food and two glasses of orange juice. "Thank you," she hummed, taking her seat and digging into the bacon on the plate. 

Elijah swallowed his sip of juice before answering. "Your welcome, dear. Did you stick your landing again?" 

Astrid laughed as she nodded. "Yeah. Did you put me down as a junior or a senior?"

"Sophomore, your only 16, Astrid," he teased. 

She scoffed. "Yeah, for 1011 years now. After a full century, I believe my intelligence is far past sophomore. Especially i history, considering I was there for all of it and fought in four of the wars," she bragged. 

It was all true, America had a living vet from the the revolution, civil and both world wars. Well... living was stretching it a bit but it was close enough. 

Elijah laughed again, remembering all the time's she'd come to him, excited about all the thing's she'd done. And there wasn't a single time he wasn't over-the-moon proud of her. "I'm kidding, you'll be a junior."

──── ୨୧────

—𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐑 necks to get a look at the new girl as she walked towards the front door of the school.  Her bomber jacket hung over her shoulders and a pair of aviator sunglasses were balanced on the bridge of her nose.