Chapter 3- Home

When I got into the room, the family besides Dmitriy, Sylvester, and I were all talking. Sylvester cleared his throat, announcing our arrival. The family looked at us.

"Shall we go?" Sylvester said.

"Yes, of course" Alexander replied.

"May I ask? where are we're going?" I asked.

"For a walk," Dmitriy said. "Around town"

When the words escaped his lips the thought of Mama, Papa, Elizabeth, and I came to mind. The peaceful walks we took together, the aroma of home passing through my nose, and the comfort of simply being with my family, all of it was no longer in existence. i felt myself being filled with sorrow. Dmitriy looked at my pessimistic face.

"Are you okay?" Dmitriy said. "We could stay if you would like"

"No, I'm fine, we should go." I replied changing my expression as quick as I could. I did not want them to miss out on walking because of me. I also did not want to be alone if they went without me. Charlotte handed me a pair of brown shoes and we were all about to leave when suddenly Alexander stopped us.

"Is something the matter, Father?" Dmitriy asked.

"Sylvester has to be put on a leash" Alexander replied still blocking the door.

"What?!" I shouted flabbergasted.

"Samiya, please" Alexander said.

"No! You can't touch my Sylvester!"

I wrapped my arms around Sylvester's neck, to assure to them that they could not touch him.

"Madam Samiya," Sylvester said in a calming voice. "There is no need for me to be leashed"

"What do you mean?" I replied.

"I will show you."

Sylvester moved forward, away from me, his fur brushing my hands as he stood before Alexander. Suddenly I saw a gust of wind surround Sylvester and as fast as it appeared it simply vanished before my eyes. When the wind vanished i saw not Sylvester but, young male for my dream last night.

"It was you?" I whispered.

"What do you mean?" He replied.

"Nothing" I said turning my head.

Charlotte looked at Sylvester, astonished by his new appearance.

"Sylvester!" She said with her hands covering her red cheeks. "Y- You've changed"

"Actually, fair Charlotte, this is my natural appearance" he replied. "So, shall we go, Alexander?"

Everyone including Alexander and I were speechless and could not answer Sylvester.

"Is everything alright?" Sylvester said looking at everyone's astonished face.

"What are you?" Alexander asked.

"As I said before I am a guardian to Madam Samiya, I can do many things in order to protect her that includes this form." Sylvester replied. "Now, shall we go?"

"Y-yes, of course"

Alexander takes Annabeth's arm and gently pulls her up. We all finally walk out of the house and began walking.

As we walked we saw a vast array of women, young and old, who stared at Sylvester as if struck by cupid's arrow. If only they knew that he was actually a wolf. The women staring at Sylvester were quite an annoyance to me, because all I wanted was a peaceful quiet walk without any attention being brought to us, though the walk was very pleasant, it felt as though I was walking with my family once more. I felt a warm feeling in my heart. I placed my hand over my heart and clutched my dress as a smile spread across my face, for once since the betrayal from the people I cared for I finally felt at peace with myself.