2016

The police have Thomas in handcuffs and are putting him into the back of a police car. They pull into a police station and nothing is said as they take him into a cell. There is a man in the cell already, reading cross legged on the top of a bunk bed. He jumps down and confronts Thomas, asking him where he is from and what he has done. He starts to get more aggressive and squares up to Thomas who is trying to keep calm. The man is shorter than Thomas and wearing a black tracksuit. He swings for Thomas and tries to grab him. Thomas is too quick and strong. He manages to get the best of the man, holding him up against the wall by the collar of his jumper with one hand and delivering blows to the side of his head with the other. The police unlock the door and rush in pulling the man away, leaving Thomas in the cell alone. Less than ten seconds later the door unlocks again and another man walks in. Thomas locks eyes with him and immediately feels uneasy. It is the same man, unmistakeably the same, with the same clothes on but now he is taller and stockier.

'Round two?' Asks the man with a smile.

The man starts attacking Thomas. They fight fiercely and savagely for almost a minute until Thomas is breathless and falls to the ground. The last thing Thomas sees is the sole of the man's trainers coming towards his head as he lay bloodied on the floor.

Thomas wakes up in what seems like a hospital room. He is laying on a bed and has needles in his arms which are connected to bags filled with a black fluid. He tries to move but nothing happens. He tries to talk but nothing happens. In front of him there is darkened glass which stretches the whole length of the wall. To the side of him there is a door. A man in an all black uniform enters in through the door and watches Thomas from the foot of the bed. He pulls out a phone and begins tapping on the screen. He walks up to the head of Thomas's bed and holds the screen in front of Thomas's face. Thomas begins reading.

'You have been through a lot and your future is going to be very strange. Please try to relax.'

The man removes the phone and Thomas is left looking at his reflection in the darkened glass. He looks completely different. He looks identical to the man who had showed him the phone. Another two men enter through the door, all identical looking wearing the same black uniform. They begin removing the needles from Thomas's arms. Thomas's body moves involuntarily, and he gets up out of the bed. He walks over to the darkened glass which suddenly gets lighter. He is looking into an interrogation room. A policeman is sitting at a table with his back to the glass and what is in front of him is undeniable. It is himself, as he had previously looked. It feels so wrong and bad. He tries to shout but nothing happens. He tries to move his body but with every forced move his whole body vibrates like a phone that had just received a notification. The three men that all look identical to him surround him. He pushes with all the strength that he has to try and move or make any action at all. The vibrations grow stronger, like electric shocks with a higher voltage for every increased effort. He is reminded of how the controller felt when you went off the track on a driving game he used to play. Like a kettle near the end of boiling. Events replay in his mind. An unsettling spiralling overwhelms him. He stands there convulsing, looking through the glass as his old self speaks with the police officers. A voice that seems to come from nowhere echoes in the room.

'Relax your body and accept your fate, the sooner you do, the easier this will get.'