2. Unlikely Allies

Arlo vibes

Iwan vibes

Same day , 8:17pm

Same day , 8:17pm

Arlo walked with a sense of solitude, the deserted streets illuminated only by the dim glow of streetlamps. The cold night air bit at his skin.

With one hand shoved deep into the pocket of his hoodie and the other hanging loosely by his side, he continued his solitary journey. His thoughts wandered and his tired mind longed for distraction.

A distant sound caught his attention, a loud noise coming from a nearby alley. In the background, he could hear the faint sound of men's laughter.

Arlo stopped in his tracks, his curiosity piqued. He stared at the dark alley, weighing the risks of investigating the

Curiosity and unease battled within him as he glanced down the alley's length to where the noise sounded louder. He could see some figures moving around in the shadows, but he couldn't clearly make out what was happening.

His heart rate quickened, a mixture of fear and anticipation running through his veins. Against his better judgment, he knew he had to investigate.

He stepped into the alley, sticking to the shadows and approaching the source of the noise with as much stealth as possible.

He reached the corner of one of the buildings, hiding behind it and slowly peeking out to catch a glimpse of what was happening in the alley. The sight that met his eyes was unexpected and shocking.

There were four men surrounding someone on the ground, their figures obscured in the dim light. One of the men grabbed the person and lifted them up, clearly rough handling them. Arlo squinted, trying to make out who the person was.

To his horror, he could faintly make out the boy's face. It was Iwan!

His eyes widened in surprise and disbelief. He knew Iwan's reputation, and the sight of him being beaten by a group of men was unexpected.

With his heart racing, he pushed down the shock and tried to focus on what was happening. He watched as the man threw Iwan to the ground, the sound of impact making Arlo wince.