MICROPOP

Fang sighed, tapping the hard counter with his red, leather-gloved finger. 12:00 AM sharp, at work, the grocery store. What is he doing with his life? It was never easy for him as he grew up, yet now hes 18 and hes still stuck. The most progress he's ever made was getting a job at the Starr Cinema, where he was subsequently fired after his boss found out he would slack off and tease Buster during work hours.
Maybe that was his fault. But, it's hard to become a world-famous action movie star when you're in a cold, white, stainless store for 6 hours a day.
But, is life ever that easy? It could be, if life was like the movies. If he could just skip through to the most exciting and satisfying parts, it would make this life a lot more interesting.
Fangs never had much luck with these things–Or, anything, really. All good martial artists have to suffer before they achieve their goals, right? He couldn't recall any that had been born with a silver spoon in their mouth.
He sighed, his train of thought trailing to how Bibi had dragged him to a concert just to disappear into the crowd, likely making out with Crow, or something dumb like that. Maybe it was to prank him, maybe she got drunk.
The concert itself was painfully boring and.. bright and glittery, and not his taste at all, aside from the awesome pyrotechnics that were so over-the-top, blinding, and dangerous that he almost couldn't decide if they were real or not.
However, the main attraction was Janet. She was known all over Starr Park for being beautiful, with hair the color and softness of cotton candy, an attractive and curvy build, and her playful youthfulness. Not like he particularly cared for her. All that was interesting to him about the concert was the music; He had expected a sort of saccharine pop, or synth-pop, but what was there instead reminded him of V-Kei or J-Rock, which he could say for certain he knew enough about. Sort of like TommyHeavenly6, or whatever her name was. It was unexpected, but atleast catchy and entertaining enough that he could space out and wait the concert out, unable to leave because of the dense and amazed crowd.
Janet was cool, he guessed. But he was a tad jealous. She was only a year younger than him, yet she had fame, fortune, family, and everything he was chasing. Maybe she worked for it. Maybe one day he'll shine that way. He will. That's about as much as you can tell yourself when you've spent your life chasing something that's just out of reach.
What matters now was waiting for the shift to be over–Fang never quite understood why his shifts would run all the way till midnight. The latest people who aren't drunk hobos would be fetching stuff was like.. 9 pm! It was a total waste of time.
But.. He's not complaining. Not now. He gets paid by the hour.
Just enough to stick around and do kick-flips with a tech-deck while waiting it out.