A new life

—a horrible name in Spacy’s opinion—but oh well. Now, going back to the present, the boy was still on the ground since Spacy kinda gave him a jump scare. “Ow...” said Arthur, the boy, and he was obviously hurt because of the fall. “Sorry for my sudden appearance...” Spacy apologized to the boy, but Arthur quickly shook his head, meaning it was okay. He then stood up and removed the dirt from himself. Spacy noticed that this boy was way richer than him since his clothes seemed more expensive, and his name was just way too fancy. “So why did Tigi bring you here?” Spacy asked. He didn’t know if Tigiri would approve of the nickname, but it was him who made it, not Max. Ha! Take that, favoritism! Spacy thought. Oh my god, he had to stop spacing out. “Well, my parents pretty much abandoned me, so I was pretty much alone in the middle of nowhere. Thankfully, Tigiri saved me, and I was brought here, which I noticed—I’m not really welcomed, right?” Arthur said, cutting Spacy’s thoughts. He then shook his head, meaning, “Nope, you are totally welcomed here. It’s just Max who doesn’t like new group members.” Then Arthur spoke, “Sure, you are part of this group; you don’t know what it will feel like...” “Eh? What do you mean?” Spacy said, sounding kinda dumb. Well, at least he didn’t sound unsure; that was a start. “Wait, you’re not a tiger?” Arthur said, obviously confused. “What? Me? Tiger? Nah, never! How did you even come to such an idea? I don’t even have the size of a tiger!” Spacy said, NOT sounding unsure or awkward. Yes! Spacy thought. I can finally speak without a stupid voice or just sounding insecure for no reason. “Well, I don’t know; you kinda look like a baby tiger. More precisely, you look like Tigiri’s long-lost child,” Arthur said, making Spacy get back to reality. Right, I have a conversation going on; my bad, Spacy thought. “Well, I mean, I’m a cat, not a tiger,” Spacy said. “Yeah, good point, but still—” Arthur said, but then Tigiri and Max interrupted them. “Oh, look! Your two children are getting along!” Ugh, Max, why do you always break my inner peace? Huh? Spacy thought. “Yeah, I can see that; also, they are not my children,” Tigiri responded. “Sure! Anyways, I’m taking Spacy to a bowl match; bye!” - Max. “Wait, what?” - Spacy. With that, Max grabbed Spacy like a plushie and went to the area, leaving Arthur and Tigiri alone. “Sorry, kid, for Max; he can be like that sometimes...” Tigiri said, apologizing to Arthur for such a horrible first impression. “It’s okay; at least now I know I’m not the only cat here...” Arthur said. “Yeah, at least you know him...”

To be continue.  .  .