three.

⊹₊♛₊⊹

"you are banned from going to the village alone now, Ari."

those were my father's words to me when I returned home.

"father, I have been nothing but a good princess all my life—" I started to butt in. already, I was trying not to explode from anger.

"it doesn't matter, because there's going to be a war."

I could feel my mouth open—very unlady like, I know—but I just stood there, stunned at the news.

"close your mouth, sister, you're going to catch some flies in their soon," my older brother, Junhui huffed, chuckling and shaking his head at me with disappointment and disbelief.

"no more village visits, even with guards, shall I say instead?" my mother persisted, trying to win over my father's already stern decision, "Ari does not need to associate herself with such peasants and put herself in more danger."

I've never hated my mother more in my life than at this moment. sure, she has been an alright mother my whole entire life, but not allowing me to do the one thing I love the most is infuriating! like what? can't she understand that the world doesn't revolve around us and I'll be fine?

oh yeah.

I am the youngest daughter of the Moon kingdom.

my bad.

"that sounds even better, love," my father chuckled, giving my mother a kiss on the forehead before turning to me, "we can't afford to lose you, sweetie, you are our prized angel."

"angel?" I murmured quietly, still angry from the new rule, "more like an object."

but my parents didn't hear me. instead, they only smiled at me before leaving the room with Junhui.

they didn't care about me one bit. all of the attention was on precious Moon Junhui, the future ruler of the kingdom.

they weren't going to care about their youngest daughter, only forcing her to get married to another noble for money and influence.

but most importantly.

to send her away.

I really hate my life right now.

⊹₊♛₊⊹

"Mai hasn't visited this week, huh?" Mrs. Sim sighed sadly as she gazed out of the shop window mournfully as her husband and son continues to kneed the dough carefully.

the snow was falling gently down on the streets, but the whole house was cold, despite the warm crackling of the fireplace nearby.

"I know," Mr. Sim sighed as he and Jaeyun started to separate shape the dough into many different shapes, "maybe she'll come next week?"

"you better be here when she visits, Jaeyun," Mrs. Sim looked at her son threateningly before cracking a soft smile, "I want her as my daughter-in-law."

"eomma~~~" Jaeyun whined, blushing under his mother's gaze.

"you really do like her, do you? even though you haven't properly learned anything about her and her life," Mr. Sim chuckled, shaking his head at his son. 

⊹₊♛₊⊹

really short, so sorry about that >.<

so tired from school and volleyball, my mind is not making up any good ideas at the moment, but still wanted to update for you guys <333

Clarisse