~ Dropping Off His Lunch ~

Author's Note:  [I decided to post this for his birthday today! It's just something I wrote with a friend (@orphickind). We wrote most of these stories last year during random classes, and I'm too lazy to completely edit stuff, so it might not be the best writing. Either way, I hope you guys enjoy this rare post!]

2nd POV:

It was an early Monday morning and because of that, people were often tired. One of those victims would be your husband, Ranpo, since he was being very forgetful today.

Forgetful as in — forgetting to grab his dark deerstalker hat. Everyone knows, including Ranpo, that his outfit wouldn't be complete without using that accessory of his. Would he still be considered as Ranpo without his hat?

He even forgot to use his tie, allowing you to see a bit of his chest. Even though you guys were in the intimate step of your relationship, you still managed to find your cheeks heating up at the sight of it. After readjusting him, he grabbed his coat and gave you a small, quick peck on your considerably sweet lips.

1st POV(Yours):

"I'm off now!" Ranpo called out as he walked towards the door, slamming it shut.

"See you! Have a good day at work!" I responded, smiling at the door as he left. A while later, I headed over to the kitchen to get myself some lunch. But when I got there, I saw something that made me chuckle. "Silly." I said to myself. Ranpo had forgotten his lunch, making it so that I had to drive to the Agency building and give it to him. This didn't really bother me though, since it meant I could finally see him at work and also meet his coworkers.

No, the Agency doesn't know he's married. The only one who knows is Fukuzawa-san (the president, if you forgot). I only know about some of his coworkers because of how often he badtalks and mentions them in his stories of some of the cases he solved.

I left the kitchen to go to our shared room so I could change into something more decent, and also to make myself look presentable. I requested a day off today since I had done so much the prior week and needed a day to recharge; which was convenient because today was the day my silly husband forgot his lunch.

Once I had changed into something better along with brushing my hair and putting on some light makeup. I headed back into the kitchen and grabbed his bento, then went to my car and headed to the Agency building.

It only took a few minutes before I reached the said building and I smiled as I parked outside. Giggling to myself as I already imagine how Ranpo would react to me showing up out of nowhere. Confused? Shocked? Hug you so tightly to the point you can't breathe anymore so you have to pat his back a few times as a quiet attempt of saying 'that's enough?'

I headed into the Agency and took the elevator up to where the Armed Detective Agency office was. Once I got to the floor, I grabbed onto the doorknob into the office and turned it, slowly opening the door with a smile on my face.

I peek inside and look for Ranpo, but then get interrupted in my search by a tall man with glasses and dirty-blonde hair. He's holding a small notebook that says 'ideals' on it and looks at me hospitably yet also confused.

"Is there something I can help you with, Miss?" He asked; his tone kind yet still slightly skeptical.

"Oh, I'm just looking for someone." I explained kindly.

"I may be able to help you in your search, Miss. If they're in this building I should know where they are." He offered, although I had no intention of taking it up since I was perfectly capable of finding my own husband. I have a lot of experience doing that since he has almost no directional sense. Sigh.