beomgyu let out a disgruntled sigh when he looked at the text he received from his mother. he was seated in a quiet corner of the library, having been there since the sky was turned from hues of orange to pitch black. 

BIGHIT library was indeed one of the best libraries the country had to offer, carrying books possibly from decades ago up until latest publications. the library was the only thing that stood out in the school, while the high school was modern, cutting-edge with the latest technology, the library had a vintage aura to it. the maroon and gold accents contrasted from the school's silver and white decor. 

beomgyu reads the text again with displeasure. 

'honey be kind to taehyun okay? he's your assigned bodyguard for tomorrow's gala. have you picked an outfit yet? do you want me to it? i know you''re busy baby, take care, eat lots.' 

fuck, why did taehyun have to be his bodyguard? 

having him within his vicinity at school was torturous enough as it is, now his job is getting paid to stick to him? great

he quickly replies with a 'haven't picked out an outfit yet eomma, will do it in time for tomorrow dw.' 

the math problem in front of him just looked like it got ten times harder. 

"choi beomgyu!" 

beomgyu pinches the bridge of his nose. think about the devil and he shall appear. 

"this is a library if you haven't noticed," beomgyu muttered as he continued (attempted) to solve the problem. 

"tell me why you cut down the budget for my club," taehyun demanded. 

i don't have the energy for this bullshit. 

"you're 'club' frankly speaking is bringing zero benefit to the school and hence needed a budget cut to support other successful clubs." 

taehyun kneeled on the ground, coming eye level to beomgyu. chocolate eyes met those of obsidian, as they both kept their emotions at bay one controlling frustration and the other with rage. 

"you're telling me the self-defence club is of zero use? not everything is about awards and titles you know? but what can i do when people like you are obsessed with them." 

beomgyu averted his gaze, not being able to stand taehyun peering to his eyes with such ferocity. 

"it's not about me you know? i'm only a figurehead. don't you think i know how much your club benefits people, especially the girls in our school? my role is to be the voice of students but that does not equate me to running everything in school. the dean and the staff have the final say and to them concrete results that can be visualised matter. so now leave me alone," beomgyu said angrily. 

taehyun watched beomgyu fidget with his pen. 

"can you quit staring?" 

"go get some sleep, you're going to solve these problems anyways not by tonight at least," taehyun muttered, shoving his hands in his pockets and walked out. 

that fucking prick think he owns the place. 

beomgyu's vision blurred slightly as he felt the yawn creeping up on him. he takes note of the time: 1am. 

i hate it when that jerk is right. 

beomgyu quickly packed up his stationery and papers, going back home. 

✩ ♬ ₊.🎧⋆☾✧‧₊˚🖇️✩ ₊˚⊹♡

"choi beomgyu! get down here already, it's almost lunch time!" he registers the faint yell. he feels his bones crack into place as he stretches, sending shivers down his legs. 

slowly he trotted out of bed, brushed his teeth and then went downstairs to be greeted by his parents that were sitting at the table having lunch served. 

"next time text us you'll be studying at BIGHIT library, you know it near our office building beomgyu-ah, appa can come pick you up on his way back," beomgyu's mum smiled at her husband. 

beomgyu's dad chuckled, "he's a grown man–" 

"he's still a baby! i was worried you know until taehyun texted and told us that he was with you." 

beomgyu groaned, "eomma don't talk about him!" 

"i don't understand why you don't like taehyun, beom-ah, isn't he so kind and calm?" 

beomgyu snorts, "he's pretentious that's what he is." 

"i've seen the boy grow up and he has certainly grown up well. don't forget he is your future right hand and bodyguard," beomgyu's father reminds him not at all phased by his son's dislike. 

K GUARDS and CHOI technologies have been partners for a long time since taehyun's father and beomgyu's father were good friends. K GUARDS is the leading security company both digital and physical in south korea and is well-known to have close affiliations with their company, CHOI technologies. back in their twenties, taehyun's father had been beomgyu's bodyguard until he took over K GUARDS. 

"guess who's back bitches!" he hears a enthusiastic scream. 

"language." 

"oh shush honey let them live, come here jun-ah!" mrs choi stands up to hug her eldest son, choi yeonjun. 

yeonjun had just gotten back from china, representing moncler as a fashion ambassador at the shanghai fashion week. 

"you better have brought me something to wear for the gala," beomgyu playfully jokes as he hugs his brother. 

yeonjun chuckled, gesturing over to the bags of clothes that just rolled in, "you bet i have. we are going to be some fine ass motherfuckers at tonight's gala." 

L