Our Spot, Our Kiss, Our Tree

"So Evie, how's the law firm? I know you left town to create the firm." My mom asked.

"It's going really well. Better even! We moved back here so I can create another firm in town. So, not only 1 but 2! The firm is growing rapidly fast! The building that's being built on Grayson Avenue is my firm." Evie said enthusiastically.

"I'm so happy for you! I missed my best friend." My mom said to Evie.

"And I missed mine." Evie responded, holding my mom's hand.

"Sweetie! Are you done eating?" My mom yelled.

"Yes! I'm extremely fully." I said.

"Full!? But you've barely even touched your plate!" Jonathan said.

I felt like a punch in the stomach. I was about to cry but not in front of him. Not now, not ever.

"How could you!" I yelled at him.

  I stormed out the and before I left I had to tell Evie I was happy she was back.

"I'm sorry, Aunt Evie, I'm really glad you're back." I said, trying to hold back the tears.

I slammed the door and ran. I don't know where, but until I do, I just keep running.

"What did I do or say?" Jonathan asked my mom back at the house.

"Johnathan stuff happened. I can't tell you because it's a personal matter with Coco. To you, it may not look like she ate, but to her just eating her entire salad and just a little bit of her macaroni is a huge accomplishment. I'm sorry, Evie, it was so nice having you here, but I need to find my daughter, so this dinner is quite over." My mom said to them.

"Let me help you look for her." Jonathan said.

"Let me call her therapist and Kulture," my mom said, dialing their numbers, " They said they haven't seen or heard from Coco." My mom said, feeling worried.

"I know I was gone a long time, but I think I know where she is." Jonathan said, taking his car keys.

Johnathan took the car, and the next thing I knew, he found me.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I just had a feeling." He said, putting his hand on our tree.

"I remember that day. Maybe not as clearly as you, but I remember us carved down 'C+J', as we carved a heart around it. We called this tree our tree. " I said, looking at the tree.

"You wearing my grey hoodie that I never got back." He said, chuckling.

I smiled. "And I still have it!" I said, sticking my tongue out.

We both laughed.

"So are we just going to sit here or our we going to talk about the kiss." He said. He knows what he's doing.

"GOSH, YOU RUINED THE MOMENT!" I yelled at him, trying not to blush.

"I always do." He said, pulling me in for a hug.

Before Johnathan drove me home, he apologized for what he said. I forgave and told him half the story.

"See you tomorrow, neighbor." I said to Johnathan as he walked me to my door.

"Yea, see you, Angel." Johnathan said to me.

He kissed me on the cheek before walking away.

Author: You are not alone! If you go through any eating disorders, you have this, and you are loved!!