The Ultimate Itinerary for a 5-Day Golden Triangle Tour

The is one of India's most iconic and well-loved travel routes, offering a rich blend of history, culture, and architectural wonders. Stretching across the vibrant cities of Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur, this tour forms a triangle on the map and provides travelers with a glimpse into the grandeur of India's past. In just five days, you can experience the best of the Golden Triangle Tour in India, from Mughal masterpieces to royal palaces and bustling markets. This ultimate itinerary is designed to help you maximize your 5-day journey.

For a seamless and comfortable experience, booking your trip with Royal Cars and Driver ensures you enjoy hassle-free travel, with expert drivers and guides assisting you along the way.

Day 1: Arrival in Delhi – Explore the Capital's Historical Gems

Your Golden Triangle Tour starts in Delhi, India's vibrant capital, blending the old and new. Whether you arrive in the morning or afternoon, Day 1 is perfect for exploring the historical landmarks of Old Delhi.

Morning

Red Fort: Begin your day by visiting the majestic Red Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This sprawling red sandstone fort was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan, which symbolizes India's rich history.

Jama Masjid: Just a short drive from Red Fort is Jama Masjid, one of India's largest mosques. The stunning architecture and peaceful ambiance make it a must-visit spot.

Afternoon

Chandni Chowk: After visiting Jama Masjid, take a rickshaw ride through the bustling lanes of Chandni Chowk, one of Delhi's oldest markets. It's a great place to try local street food like parathas and jalebis.

Raj Ghat: Pay your respects at Raj Ghat, the memorial of Mahatma Gandhi. This peaceful spot offers a serene break from the city's hustle.

Evening

India Gate and Rashtrapati Bhavan: In the evening, visit India Gate, a war memorial built in honor of Indian soldiers. Stroll around the area and view the illuminated Rashtrapati Bhavan (President's House) and Parliament House.

Overnight: Stay in Delhi.

Day 2: Delhi to Agra – Discover the Taj Mahal and Agra's Heritage

On Day 2, your takes you to Agra, the city of the Taj Mahal. It's about a 4-hour drive from Delhi, so you can leave early in the morning to make the most of your day.

Morning

Taj Mahal: Upon arrival in Agra, head straight to the Taj Mahal, the world's most famous symbol of love. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is a masterpiece of Mughal architecture, with its white marble gleaming in the morning light. Take your time exploring the gardens and intricate carvings.

Afternoon

Agra Fort: After visiting the Taj Mahal, explore the nearby Agra Fort, another UNESCO-listed site. This red sandstone fort was the residence of Mughal emperors and offers breathtaking views of the Taj Mahal from its walls.