Chapter 5

|Black or white?|

In this universe, there are two worlds. One is where we live now, and the other can be classified as a parallex universe but I classified it as a get away island. Given that you have a choice, which world will you choose? This harsh reality or the parallex universe where you are princess Arora? Black or white?

A man figure ran towards her and hugged her tight. His hair was grey and his face was filled with wrinkles. He wore a white lab coat but wore slippers  instead of leather shoes which was quite mismatched. His right hand gently touch Aspyn head and caressed it.

"Its going to be okay, daddy's here for you. You will still be my little girl." Aspyn on the other hand had calmed down slightly, maybe by the warmth she felt for the first time. She smile enjoying her hug with her dad. However, her smile turned to a smirk then her face was expressionless.

The man infront of her suddenly lost the strength to hold her and sprawled to the floor. His white lab coat was stained scarlet red. Something was plunged into his heart. What Aspyn was holding was a pen, her right hand was stained with blood. "I love you." That was the last word the man mumbled before he passed on.

Her face lightened up and she was smiling happily. However, that did not stop her. She searched the man's coat and found a scapel. She unhesistantly took it and pierced it though the man's face, carving an A. It was like a signature, saying this was mine. She was enjoying the process. Even if her hands was stained with thick gooey blood, she didn't mind. The rusty smell was strong but it did not bother her. Soon, there was a group of people who was wearing white coats surround her. "Call the cops, she killed him." His voice was deep but clear and had an urgency tone to it. Aspyn stood up as soon as she recognise the voice. Her hands still held onto the scapel as she placed the sharp edge on the man's face. "I recognise you. You were speaking to my father just now. Are you perhaps my father friend? Why don't you two be best friend forever and die together?" She asked innocently. "You killed your own father!" He exclaimed. "That is right I killed him. I love him." She was contridicting hereself. "Anyways, he wanted to kill me first." She said it like it was no big deal.

Afterwards, she started giggling and then she lick the blood on her hands while smilling to herself. "You are a psychopath." He made a statement. "You are no fun." And removed the knife from his cheek as she stomp her foot on the ground and sulk.

All of a sudden, Aspyn dropped the scapel she was holding onto. "Who killed my father!" Aspyn exclaimed.

"You."

It was the only explaination she could not comprehend. "I..I, could it be..." Aspyn could only question herself but she could not find the answer. It all comes down to whether was she able to face reality.

Then, everything dawned upon her. She carefully picked the scapel on the floor with shivering hands, facing it towards her and slit the veins on her neck.

Blood was oozing out from her neck, she could not breathe. Her legs had no energy left in them and she fell backwards to the floor. The impact was not as painful compared to what she felt right now.

While lying on the floor, she was facing the celing, it was probably the brightest light she saw throughout 20 years. She turned her head and saw her father. She bit her lip and felt guilty for what she had done. Her memories when she was 10 flashed through her eyes. A perfect family, a perfect and happy life. But in the end, she was the main cause of this broken family. The memories burned in flames before everything was engulfed in darkness, like a black hole consuming every single of her existence.

The endless sleep might be better off for Aspyn than the harsh world of reality.

End.