Chapter 2

Hello friends!! :) Here's chapter 2... and let me tell you, this chapter holds the main story - which led Victor to Mia's chamber of secrets. haa haa... :D

I hope you enjoy reading it. You'll enjoy more if you read this at night, alone.

__________________________________________

_____________________________________________________

Drowned in the silence of her apartment Mia sighed in irritation. The usually comfortable atmosphere of her very own personal territory was suffocating her.

She looked around her room without a purpose, thoughts of Victor were swirling in her mind. She wondered if he would ever come back to talk to her? Or was the encounter this evening, their first and... last one?

Shaking her head Mia stormed inside the bathroom that was attached to her bedroom. A shower might be enough to rest her over-working brain. But apparently Mia discovered that it wasn't. Under the heavy spray of cold water she began counting lambs in reverse with her eyes closed tight. Keeping the brain busy was one nice way to distract it and

get rid of thoughts that weren't supposed to be there. But being a psychiatrist herself, Mia knew... and she knew very well that this human brain was a piece of an evil a** which had it in it's ancient cells to do the exact opposite of what was expected from it.

So when the lamb- counting didn't work, Mia decided that it was time to go to a bar and have a couple of drinks. No, booze wasn't the remedy but the atmosphere that surrounded it could be at times like this.

------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

Turned out, the atmosphere surrounding the booze-treatment was against her as well.

Mia was getting hell annoyed with the continuous bickering and whining of this drunk man who was adamant to buy her a drink, the smell of his nasty breath mixed with the smell of alcohol was disgusting her as he tried to lean into her. Mia pushed him back roughly and yelled. "Enough! F*** off now or else..."

Probably this made the drunkard furious as he swayed traying to reach for her again. He put his hands on the counter blocking Mia from both the sides and glared down at her. "Or else? What will you do?"

Mia was too shocked or too angry to say or do anything, she tried pushing him away again but this time he firmly stayed put on his place. It seemed like as the sudden fit of anger hit his mind had successfully warded off his drunk haze a bit. Suddenly the drunk man was jerked back by someone and away from Mia.

Taking a deep breath as Mia looked past the shoulder of the staggering man, she found someone standing there, someone that she least expected to see again that night. "Victor!"

Okay.. this was unexpected, but everything seemed pretty unexpected when it came to this weird man. Victor Weinberg.

A hard punch, the whining drunky bee passing out cold on the floor... and finally Victor was free to get to Mia.

"Are you alright? Did he hurt you?"

Seeing the worry written all over his face for her Mia couldn't help but feel a few impulsive butterflies doing salsa inside her stomach.

Mia was quiet and this made Victor think that she was truly hurt Victor moved closer to Mia not knowing how to comfort her or find out where she was hurt, he cupped her face and looked at her eyes with genuine care which didn't help Mia in any way as those butterflies were now behaving like an insane elephant.