Marjoreece

'I'm not talking about us being friends' he says, looking into my eyes.

It was two hours later at the coffee shop when I had brought up the subject again.

'So then what Reece, you're just going to play with my feelings?' I ask

'Marjorie, I don't know about your other exs but I'm not like them. I really like you Marjorie' he reply's, serious.

'Well, I'll have to ask Autumn for her blessing first'

Maybe he's different.

Mia joins.

I can't believe I was so stupid. I just went over to talk to Reece and apologise for my arrogance about his blackmailing ex girlfriend, Mia, when I found out she isn't his ex anymore because they're together. I really loved Reece.

I have seminar with him today.

'I'm going to the toilet' he says, not meeting my eyes.'

'No, no no no!'
I'm going to chase him down and talk to him.

This next part I remembered and can recite myself!!!

'Oi!' I yell, chasing him down.

'What?'

'I'm calling you out!'

'What?!'

'It was just flirting, you're just a college, I call BS on the whole lot'

'Marjorie leave it!'

'No, I don't believe that a man that goes to hell and back for 20 years to protect his sister is a monster. I don't believe it and I don't buy it for a second.'

'I don't care what you believe'

'What has Mia said she'll do?'

'What?'

'Well that's what this is all about isn't it, the moment she walked into that board room you distanced yourself from me and you've been pushing me away ever since, so I'm wondering, what has Mia said she'll do is she found out you and I got close?'

We look at each other, and I can see him cracking.

'She hasn't said what she'll do, which terrifies me even more'

'So to keep her happy, and to protect me, you went back to her willingly?!'

'Marjorie you have no idea what she's capable of, look at the length she went to to get between me and my sister, imagine what she'd do to get between me and the woman I- you, between me and... you.'

'Recce I'm not a 15 year old girl about to get to her high school prom, I'm a grown woman I can take care of myself'

'She'll go crazy, she'll come for you!'

'Let her, I've got my guard dog'

'Guard dog?'

'Do you think you're the only one in your family with a really cool name 'The Piranha'? The guard dog is your sister!'

'Aut gets called the guard dog?!'

'Yep. And she's earned it too, she's chomping at the bit to get at Mia after finding out what she did to her'

He leaned into kiss me until!

'You too! It's time to come in now!'

'Will I ever get to kiss you without being interrupted? He laughed.

'Well, you are still in a relationship, so maybe take care of that first because I ain't about that life'