Chapter 4

Graduation

I walked into the hallway feeling pleased with myself. She plastered a fake a fake smile on her face erasing that sad look I saw minutes earlier.
"College, huh?"
She said in a shaky voice trying to resist the tears.
"I'm gonna miss this place" she added while a tear slipped down her eyes.
I rubbed her back trying to console her.
"Well, I wouldn't have to see Brittany again"
I added to lighten up the mood. She giggled.
I wasn't exactly a fan of Brittany. She was mean and arrogant ,and her friends, including me was with her outta pity.
Yes me.
I was friends with her cos I couldn't stand grudges.
But she was done with. Hopefully.
I hope she doesnt dance get filthy self right back to Hamptons.
Wait...
I meant, I really dont want her in Hamptons.
I couldn't help bit pity her sometimes.
She's one of those people who think are so hot but are so not.
She has black hair which flows right onto her flat chest (well, she isnt that developed), a severe case of acne, black eyes and red lips.
Yes and she thinks she's a beautiful queen.
It's high time someone tells her she's just the opposite
You know, Its better to get hit by reality that dance around with the unrealistic world.
"Can you all please report to the auditorium immiidiately"
A voice echoed through the speakers breaking the silence between Maya and I.
We both quickly walked towards the auditorium.As we took our seats next to Tasha who smiled at the sight of me, memories flooded my mind leaving me to pay no attention to the speaker.
"Jacqueline Richards" the speaker called out glancing in my direction, giving me the chance to accept my certificate. I walked unto the stage confidently and saw mom, dad and Dennis cheering for meI resumed my seat and watched my friends as they accepted theirs as well.
The ceremony was over and I really needed to use the bath room.
On my way, I felt two hands pull me back by the waist.
I was about to shout but then I noticed who it was and left me blushing.