t h r e e

"What the hell do I do Cameron? He gonna think I'm cheating!" Jack knows Cameron and I are friends, but he doesn't know I go to his house so often. He thinks we're just friends, but we're really close friends. (10-18-16; evidently)

"Climb out of the window, then take the ladder then run from there. I'll text you when he leaves." (Expelled af)

"Okay...?" I say confused.

I get out of the window, and take the ladder down. I run back to my house, and into the kitchen. I need food. I'm always hungry. Damn.

-Cameron's POV-

"Dude have you seen Jayla? I did something really bad earlier and I wanted to apologize." Jack asks me. He best not have hurt Jayla or I'm gonna hurt him.

"Uh, no actually. I haven't seen her since school ended." I lie. I'm a really bad liar.

"Thanks dude. Bye." Jack says before walking out of my bedroom door. I plop onto my bed, grab my phone an text Jayla.

Cameron- Hey when Jack came by he just asked where you were. He said he did something really bad to you? :(

Jay🍬- Ok, thanks. Yea, not really something he should've done? Kissed me? Forced me to kiss him? lol 👋 ttyl cam x

Cameron- Welcome. Wanna come back?😚

-Jayla's POV-
*bing*

Cammy😏- Welcome. Wanna come back?😚

I didn't have time to reply. I hear a knock on my door and run to get it. It's Jack.

"Hey where were you? You didn't answer the door earlier."

"Uh, must've been sleeping." I lie. I hate lying to Jack but it's for the best right now.

"Oh, okay. Well I came to apologize for earlier, I shouldn't have put you In that kind of place and I'm extremely sorry. Will you let me make you forgive me by letting me take you out somewhere tonight?"

"Yea. I understand you boys and your hormones and whatever, apology accepted." I say and smile and kiss him on the cheek.

-5 hours later-

The date is right now, so I need to get ready. I slip into my bathroom, and put on a white and navy dress with my white vans. I put on mascara, eyeliner, and a little lip gloss. I curl my blonde locks an let them fall down my back.

I grab my purse and phone. Jack is here right now. I go downstairs and slip out of the door locking it. I hop into Jack's car.

"So where are we going?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out." he smiles while saying it.

About 15 minutes later, jack announces that we are here. We are on a hill. He leads me up to the top of it, an there I see a bunch of candles, and a picnic basket.

"Jack this is so beautiful." I say while tearing up a little bit.

"Something special for someone special." he says and kisses my forehead.

"Stop being cheesy" I say and giggle.

I open the basket, I just happen to be starving, and there are heart shaped watermelon, sandwiches, apple juice and candy. I feel like a five year old. I slip my shoes off and set them beside me and I lay in jacks arms and he plays with my hair. This is the best night ever.

-the next day-

It's 5:30 in the morning, and there is someone knocking on my door.

I rub my eyes and head to the door.

"Cameron? what are you doing?"

He is crying, bags under his eyes, and he looks very tired.

"I was at a party last night, and I got a call. My mom... she wasn't doing very well. she was in the hospital, and I didn't bother to stop by because I thought she wasn't in such a bad condition. She.." cameron was choking on his words, I could tell something bad had happened to his mom. "She died at 2:30 in the morning."

A few tears escape my eyes, I hate it when he cries. "I should have been there for her, Jay."

He nuzzles his head into the crook of my neck, it is soon filled with a warm liquid.(don't even) "It's okay Cam, she's in a better place now."

I hug him and we lay on the couch together. I run away the dry tears under his eyes and kiss him on the forehead. He falls asleep, so I decide to drift to sleep also.

PLEASE READ IMPORTANT A/N Hey guys! I hope you like this book so far. Thank you to whoever pointed out the grammar mistakes, it makes me go back and correct everything before I publish. so thank you! <3 anyway, I'm running out of ideas, someone please help me. Love you guys!