Chapter one.

"Hey! Nik! Someone is here to see you!" My partner Aaron yelled. "Send them in!" I replied, taking my feet off of my desk so I would look more professional. My black heels clicked as I sat up, straightening myself.

A tall brown haired boy came and sat down in front of me. "Hi. Is there something I can do for you?" I asked in a clipped tone. "U-uh I'm the son of Kris and Hollis. T-they think I would be perfect for your new hitman." He said nervously, hanging his head.

"Listen, sweetheart. You wanna be my new hitman? That's fine. But first, lose the stutter. Secondly, you need to be tougher. Come on kid, obviously you're smart. Be smart enough to be good at your job." I say seriously, leaning back in my leather chair, my blonde hair falling over my shoulders.

"So I got the job?" The kid says excitedly. "Calm down. You've got the job because your parents and I are great friends and I believe you can do it.  But, I want you to go to the gym and start training with my trainer Liam. We need to bulk you up. Also, you'll need a new haircut. The whole "Justin Bieber" haircut isn't gonna work here at my company. Understood?" I ordered.

The boy nodded frantically. "Oh, and your name?" I asked. "My name is Taylor." He said, smiling slightly. I smiled back and picked up my office phone.

I dialed Liam's number and waited. He picked up on the second ring. "Hello?" He grunted, sounding slightly out of breath.

"Liam! It's me. I need you for an appointment ASAP. When are you free?" I asked, looking at Taylor. "Um.. the closest I can do is this Wednesday. That work?" He asked. "Perfect. Oh and you'll be training my newest hitman." I said, picking at my matte black nails slightly.

"Sounds good, baby doll. I'll call you later." "Bye hon." I sang as I hung up. Taylor cleared his throat and smirked at me. "You two a thing?" He asked deviously. I rolled my eyes. "Hey, don't push it kiddo." I glared playfully as he held up his hands in surrender.

"Alrighty. Now I'm off to a meeting. I'll take you to Aaron's office. He'll take you to the weapon room and get you started. Good?" I asked, standing up and smoothing out my black dress. "Good." He said. "Follow me." I said, leading him down the hallway. We turned and headed to Aaron's office. I knocked on his door and heard moaning. I cringed and waited until Aaron opened the door, his dress shirt unbuttoned and his hair a mess. "Ew! Aaron! No sex on the desks! You know that." I huffed.

"Well excuse me for being hor.. Oh who's this?" He asked, squinting down at Taylor. "This is Taylor. Our newest hitman. He'll need training and I'm off to the meeting with Gilinsky so if you don't mind.." I trailed off. "Fine." He grumbled, buttoning his shirt up and fixing his hair.

"Great. Thanks Aaron, I owe you. And play nice!" I said, sending him a wink. He just rolled his eyes in return and ushered Taylor into his office. I turned and walked away, my 6 inch black heels clicking on the white marble floors. I grabbed my black IPhone 6 and called Gilinsky.

"Hello?" His deep voice said. "Jack? It's Nikki. I'm on my way." I said, opening the door to the stairway. "Got it. See you soon." He said, ending our call.

I slid my phone back into my Louis Vitton bag and pulled out my sunglasses, putting them on. I made it out of the building and saw my driver and my matte black Lexus. I grinned. I had always loved my car. "Dave!" I said, making him look up from his phone and locking it, putting it in his pocket. "Hey Ms.Bravietto!" Dave said, giving me a smile.

"Hey Dave. To Gilinsky's please." I said as he opened the door for me. "You got it." He said, closing the door behind me as I got in.

We pulled out of my building and headed to Gilinsky's office. It was only 20 minutes away, so we were there in no time. Dave cut the engine and parked my car.

"Dave. You should take my car and head back to my office." I said, fixing my dress. "Why?" Dave asked confusedly.

"There's some dangerous shit that's about to happen." I say seriously, giving him a look.

"Yes ma'am." Dave said. He got out of the drivers seat and opened my door for me. "I'll see you later!" I called as I headed into Jack's office.

"Be safe!" Dave yelled. I sent him a thumbs up and pulled open the door, heading inside. I saw Jack's assistant Kai sitting at her desk.

"Hey Nik!" She exclaimed, shooting me a smile. "Hey girl. I'm just here to see him." I said. "Right." She said, giving me a wink.

"Mr. Gilinsky, Ms. Bravietto is here to see you." She said, over the intercom.

"He says to go on up." Kai said. "Great. See you Kai." I said, pushing the up button for the elevator and stepping inside.

The elevator ride was short and I stepped out, heading to Jack's office. I knocked lightly on his wooden door and heard his deep voice say to come in.

Jack was in his large black leather chair. HIs hair was gelled up today, and he was wearing his all black suit.

"Jack." I said smirking at him. "Nik. I trust the drive here was short?" He asked. "Yes of course. Now let's get down to business, shall we?" I said. "Let's." Jack smirked.

'''''''''''''''''

New book! Hope you guys enjoy.

xoxo, Madi.