Chapter 2: Aim, Lock and Shoot

The night has been a long story. The wind starts to blow enormously. Light from the city are like laser beams passes each corner of the sky. As the school grounds is as silent as the night, never in my life happened this scenery. Where life and death is an inevitable fate.

“Harugon, where are you” I shout in the blackness blinding my sight.

Life is so sorrowful, the fear inside me is eating me and keeping me uncomfortable as Harugon was departed from my arms.

I don’t know what to do, should I run, no, I must hide. Confusing my mind making the hole of fear to deeply scratching me. But I must find Harugon, I can’t leave her.

Getting to hold on something to protect me, whispers of the wind want me to run out. Yukirin pierce out of my mind telling me to become strong.

“Ahhhh!” a quick snap took my attention

“Harugon is that you? Where are you?”

Recklessly astonish with her voice. A beam of light straight through my forehead, without knowing that light emitting object I ran as fast as I could. It follows me everywhere I go. The pitch blackness of the gymnasium is an impossible clearance of the eyes. Even a person has 20/20 vision can’t see where I was going except if that person has night vision equipment used by the military like in the movies.

A voice from my back starts to emit a sound. I felt the dizziness from my eyes. I have to find the switch in the gymnasium, but my body feels so heavy and my voice, I can’t even lay a sound.

Then the light that follows me vanish. A swift gunshot has heard from the nearside. I snap from it and ran again to the nearest exit. My heart pounds fast as the sweat from my face flowed to my neck. I can’t take it anymore, what’s happening this is wild, but the darkness is blocking my eyes to see every corner if this space.

I heard a tone that seems to be familiar, the ringtone of my phone starts to ring in the place. Where? Where is it? I lost it in the restroom but how did it get here. Is there someone here playing a gag on me.

But the gunshot I heard was for real, it passes in hears, it almost hit like craze. Most likely the bullet has an aura, the feeling of warm breaks the heaviness in my back.

This is an outbreak, last night; I saw the face of the creepy girl in my class in my dream, and now I was locked in this gymnasium with my new friend.

“Harugon, where are you now. I’m worried” I whispered to myself

A screech from the right part of the gym, and my phone rings there. Should I go?

At the upper box of the left part where I am waiting, shivering to death. The laser starts to search again for its prey. It’s looking again for its target, but wait, it’s not homing to me. It changes its target.

Finally the glimpse from the moonlight lightens me up as I saw a human from the corner next to me. I found him with that light emitting object.

“Harugon! Harugon!” I shout.

The head of that person suddenly facing in my direction. Gosh, did I provoke him.

“You, over there, RUN!!” a familiar voice shouted at me, I ran again, until I was cornered in the exit. The flash of light starts to show, gunshot was everywhere; a beast cried can be heard. I was in the switch to make a way for me to get out.

But before I took a tackle in that switch, the wind blows the same thing in my dream, “FLASH FORWARD” a word from somewhere heard. A flash draw of swords became flesh-eating attack the beast-sounded creature that still unknown. Illuminating crosses the girl in that dream, streaming the night.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh” I screamed

The wild night has not yet ended as I opened the lights, what I see is blood flowing over Harugon’s body. She’s conscious, I ran towards her, bruises, and lots of mark of slashes in her body. The uniform turns into scarlet. Her body is weakening. I don’t know what to do, she’s dying in front of me.

“Harugon, hang in there! I’ll call a doctor!” I cried while watching her condition.

“No” as she touches my hand. Her tears turn to her cheeks.

She’s in front of me, a white haired maiden who wants to kill my friend. And she’s not just somebody, wearing the same uniform, same ribbon and the same face in my dream its.

“Shhiiimazaaki Haruka!”

        As her blade was full of blood, I don’t have to suspect her, because she’s the one who did this to Harugon.

“What have you done to her?”

She’s stay still as she watches Harugon slowly dying. I can’t bear to see her doing this.

“You’re friend?” she asks

“Why? (Starts to cry) Why do you have to this, has she done something WRONG TO YOU” I shout straight from her face. 

She turns away as nothing happens. I’m still in the shock condition. Bloods flows everywhere.

Five minutes later, the siren of the ambulance starts to show. The rescue team almost made it. Her eyes, it’s so weak, frail and dying for help. I couldn’t do anything.  

The Student Council President, Mariko Shinoda, pop up in the scene. Her body standing in front of me like she was trying to scare me with her looks.

8 o’clock that night. The slaughter stopped, Harugon was in taken away by the ambulance to have a complete recovery in the hospital. Shinoda Mariko, confronted me, “What did you do?” a direct question I can’t answer. My mouth is shut and can’t even say a word. I must tell her about Shimazaki Haruka. The one who did this to Harugon was Shimazaki Haru...

“Do you believe in apocryphal stories?”

“Apocryphal?”

“Yeah, myths, sort of fantasy that believed to be true?”

 “Uhmm, no”

“It’s okay, never mind”

I took a shower in the school as the blood stains starts to dripping away, my voice, it’s useless I couldn’t say a word to her. I might get kicked out in the school.

“Don’t worry; I’ll do in my power not to kicked you out” Mariko-san told me to be quiet in what happened this night. I have to do my best until Harugon recovered.

I walk home in the darkest streets in town. I feel like its déjà vu, I feel like someone is following me. A tall man with briefcase in suit seems to be following me. I sprint like a kid to get away from that man. I felt so embarrass doing it, do I even have a choice. I wash like thirty meters away from him and he suddenly take another route. I felt so relieved.

Walking in the sense that I’m out of control of this body, my body walks like a zombie. I have something to do with Harugon situation. It’s my fault that she was assaulted in a total massacre. I must find who’s behind this.