174 days before

Whistling filled the room as Jace walked back into his very systematic, well kept room. The sun light peaking through the curtains shined brightly onto his well built torso and if I wasn't too busy thinking about Harry and my brother then my mouth would be watering without a doubt.

His towel fit snug around his waist as he walked further into the room, pushing his blonde locks from his face before grabbing a t-shirt. I switched my eyes away trying not to give him any attention.

I had been staying here for a few nights, too afraid to go back home. God knows what was kicking off there. I knew my dad was back and I defiantly didn't want to see him. My brother had messaged me telling me he was fine which was all I cared about anyways.

"We should make this a regular thing." He smirked pulling his t shot over his head.

I ignored the invitation and got up from the bed. Being here wasn't the best of ideas I had but where else was I going to go? Harry's? Like he cared, he hasn't messaged me or called me or even asked how me or my brother is. He didn't know about my brother but he could of if he had actually cared for me.

"My mum is probably expecting me to be back home by now." I Avoid eye contact before grabbing my bag.

"I can take you home." He suggests.

"No I'm perfectly fine." I snap and don't understand why. "Thank you anyways." I say a little more calmly.

He walks me out and I don't forget to thank his parents for generously letting me stay. They give their wishes to my brother and then finally I'm out.

I didn't exactly want to go home just yet but I couldn't be kept under Jace's seductive stare. He's more an animal than a human. All that is on his mind is sex, it makes me sick to the stomach.

The roads were almost clear, it helped me relax. No rushing. What was I to do? Life just seemed to be this repeating circle that I couldn't brake from. The same old shit over and over again.

I should be more thoughtful. I should want to help my family as many times as needed but it's braking me. I don't like the person it's made me become. Maybe what everyone else said was true, I am a stuck up bitch. I couldn't help it though, look at the people I was brought up by.

Of course I would have to help them. I have no choice. I can delay go back there as much as I want but that won't stop it, I still will end up starting from the beginning.

Just one last escape. One last brake and I will go back there. To say I hate alcohol it's not stopped me from going to the same old pub every night. I don't drink. It's funny really.

Every night I watch groups of people come in and out. Sober and then drunk but I am still me. How they change the more they loose control. Maybe I am a control freak and that's why I hate the substance.

The place is full of the usual people to say it's only early. I just got a coke and found somewhere hidden to sit for a while.

I try to recap on when it all went wrong. Even before I was born there was obviously a problem but in the last two years it had gotten worse. What had made my dad go all the time? Why had my my mothers drinking increased? What made my brother even think about taking drugs. It happened pretty quick. One moment we're okay and then were a hopeless wreck.

With Harry gone who is going to fix me now? I'm alone again, waiting for someone to pull me out this hole that seems to be getting deeper and deeper. Pulling me into the darkness.

My eyes snap to the entrance when I hear the familiar chuckle. My stomach twists in knots when I see him. Harry has his arm wrapped around this girls waist, her head in his neck. We was beautiful. She was more than beautiful, her appearance glowed and she looked more like an angel than any human being. Her dark brown hair so radiant, her skin glowed with great perfection, her smile so charming. I couldn't help by envy her. I couldn't even compete. Was she Ruby?

I quickly drank my drink and grabbed my bag. I didn't want to have to watch Harry be with her. Had he forgotten about me? He made me feel so... Small. He used me. Built my hopes up and then crushed them back down.

"Arabella?" I heard him call once I had slides from the door. My walking speeded up and I had to grab the sleek railing to keep my balance. My knees were wobbling and I didn't understand why I felt so... Heartbroken.

"Woah, why are you running off?" He swirled me round. Why did he have to be so quick? I snatched my wrist from his grab and turned around again. "Bella!" He snapped.

"What Harry?! What could you possibly want?" I tried to shout but it came out more like a gasp. I wasn't going to brake down, not In Front of him again.

"Where are you going?" He didn't even care, he shouldn't of been asking me. He should be paying attention to that hot model who he seemed to be all over just a minute ago. I took a quick glance and she was only a few meters away, she looked as awkward as I felt.

"Home." I said bluntly.

"You could come have a drink with us." He suggests like it was a casual thing to do. Could he not remember only a couple of days ago? We was practically together, we should of been together.

"What? With you and your new girlfriend? I think not." I barked.

"Ruby isn't my-" he stopped for a second and looked up at her. "Just go in Ruby I will be back in a few minutes." And like he was her master she followed her orders and gracefully cat walked in.

"You won't be a few minutes, I don't want to talk to you." I was being harsh and I knew it but whatever s he expect. He knew I was growing feelings for him and he decided to do this.

"Arabella you are being childish for god sake! It's not even like we was together, why are you so bothered?" Ouch.

"Why am I so bothered? Harry do you not remember the last couple of days? You know when you was all over me, can you remember that?" I shot back. The memories used to be beautiful but now they seem so dark and ugly and all J want to do is forget them.

"You was my distraction. Did you think I actually liked you?" He laughed. His laugh was so cold. I knew Harry could be cold but this was brutal. He might as well just stab me in the chest, I'm pretty sure that would of hurt less.

I couldn't even help my un lady like actions. I despised him. I spat straight in his face like he was nothing but the ground I walked on. It was more the other way round though, him walking over me. Playing me for what? A distraction? What a prick.

"You'll pay for that Arabella! You'll fucking pay for that!"

I Imagine Ruby as barbara palvin :-)