Chapter XIII

I wrote this at 3:30 am so probably not my best work. But enjoy!

_______________________________

Annabeth POV

"What do you mean by that Apollo!" I demanded while rubbing Percy's back as he continued to puke up that awful red color.

Apollo just stared at me frozen in place, his mouth parted slightly open, like he didn't know what to say.

"Please. Help." Percy croaked. "It. Hurts. Can't. Breath."

That got Apollo out of his trance and he quickly turned the dial on Percy's breathing machine. He then ran to a nearby cabinet and got a few bottles of liquid and syringes. He filled each syringe one by one and ejected Percy with each, about 7 in total.

"I-I don't know what else to do." Apollo confessed as he ran his hands through his beach blonde hair.

After about five more minutes, Percy seemed to be done throwing up, so I lowered him to his bed and he laid there panting heavy.

I looked over at Apollo hoping for more answers. "Maybe we should go talk outside Annabeth." He said.

I was getting up to leave when Percy stopped me. "No." His voice was horse but determined. "Please don't keep what's going on with me from me. I want to know"

"I'm sorry Perce but it's for the best."

"Please." He begged. He looked so sad and desperate that I knew Apollo would give in.

"Alright." He sighed. "Percy the poison has pretty much invaded your whole system to the point where you're puking it out. Which is bad. Very bad. And I don't know that there's anything I can do. I gave you some more nectar, ambrosia, and other drugs, so let's just hope I didn't overdose you." He mumbled the last part a little bit.

No one spoke for several minutes. Finally Percy broke the silence, "So I'm going to die." He said very softly. I choked back a sob.

"Well." Apollo looked at his feet. "Nothing is for sure, but just keep pushing Percy. I believe in you." What a BS answer. I knew it, Apollo knew it, Percy knew it.

I placed my hand on Percy's head and couldn't help but notice how burning hot it was and how hard he was shaking. He winced at my gentle touch.

"Apollo," I said, giving another glance over at Percy. "Percy doesn't want to admit it but I know he's in a lot of pain. Is there anything you can do?" I turned my head towards Apollo and whispered quietly so Percy wouldn't hear, "Please. He's trying so hard not to show it but I don't know how much more pain he can take."

Apollo started pacing back and forth. "Seriously I'm gonna overdose this kid on drugs. I'll amp up his morphine amount and I'm also going to try to experiment with some new medications, but that's the best I can do."

"Thank you." I said. Apollo played with a few more dials besides Percy and then left, mumbling something about medicine. I looked at Percy and he just looked so tired and drained. "Do you want to sleep Perce?"

"No!" He replied immediately.

"That's okay." I pursed my lips. "Let's just talk."

"About what?"

"How about good memories?"

He gave a small smile at that. "I'd like that"

I thought for a moment and then the memories started flooding into my brain and out of my mouth. "Do you remember the first thing I ever said to you was 'you drool in your sleep'" I smiled.

"Hey I was 12, it's okay to drool when you're that young!"

"Maybe. But too bad you still drool." I laughed. It felt good.

"Remember that time we had to say hello to a poodle?"

"Remember our trip to the Lotus Casino?"

"Remember when we went to that abandoned water park for Ares?"

"Remember when you flooded the bathrooms at CHB and soaked Clarrise?"

"Remember when you first kissed me because you thought I was going to die?"

"And remember when we had our first proper kiss underwater?"

"That's my favorite memory."

"Mine too."

We went on like this for a while, just talking about the past. We didn't talk about any of the sad stuff, like people dying. We just talked about the good stuff.

It was so nice to talk like that. And Percy's eyes had more of a glow and liveliness to them. Everything seemed almost alright.

______________________________

Would you guys rather I make this story short and to the point or long with possibly a sequel?
I'd love your feedback on this. I want to make this story the best it can be for you guys.